Author Topic: Nail art on display at talon show  (Read 407 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Nail art on display at talon show
« on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »

The extravaganza that is the Tokyo Nail Expo had 50,000 visitors feasting their eyes on the latest in nail art.
Its highlight was the Nail Queen 2009 awards ceremony, where Japan showed once again that it remains at the cutting edge of the genre. ...

link

Not very practical.  :lmao:

Offline debk

Re: Nail art on display at talon show
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
Where I go is owned by a woman and her husband who's mothers were Vietnamese and their fathers were US military men. They own 3 shops and all of their employees are of the same heritage.

They do some incredible nail art....all done free hand not with stencils.

If they have two women who have gone together to get nails done and decide on nail art....it's like they compete with who can come up with the best design on the nails. It's amazing how quickly they can apply it too.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
The Hello Kitty is kinda cool.

Who said that!  :-) :-)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
How much do they charge they are beautiful but I can't see someone getting anything done with them
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline debk

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »
How much do they charge they are beautiful but I can't see someone getting anything done with them

I was wondering that too.

I know where I go....to have something done to the nail on both big toes...I had a row of teeny rhinestones done about 3-4 years ago and they charged an extra $5 at that time.

I've been going to the same place for 6 years when they first opened the shop near me, and they still have the same prices they did when they opened.....which is probably why they are so successful.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.