Author Topic: President to pardon turkeys  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Old n Grumpy

President to pardon turkeys
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:24:02 PM »
Star Member Marcuse (357 posts)

President Trump Pardons His First Turkey
Source: NPR

Yes, this White House tradition is happening again. The president will pardon a pair of turkeys Tuesday.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141919595

HiLIARY, Comey, and several dozen other former obama administration appointees have applied. :lmao: :lmao:

More information to come in 24 hours. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: President to pardon turkeys
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
He should rescind the pardon. Cooking then delivering the turkeys to a local homeless shelter could provide a warm meal for a lot of people this Thanksgiving. Then tweet about it.

It would drive those with TDS even crazier.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
Oh, he created enough friction at the 'ceremony' . . . :whistling: :lmao: :rotf: :lol: :rofl:

Trump Showed Up To Pardon A Turkey – Ended Up Taking A Blowtorch To Obama Instead

Benny Johnson

Reporter At Large

2:23 PM 11/21/2017

President Trump, the first lady and his son Barron Trump showed up in the White House Rose Garden today for the annual presidential turkey pardoning on Tuesday.

The pardoning of the two giant birds is a tradition dating back more than sixty years. The birds get pardoned and then spend the rest of their lives on a turkey farm. Today’s birds were named “Drumstick” and “Wing Bone.” Trump began the proceedings by thanking the gathered crowd for being there and saying the birds will be “very happy.”

But Trump could not help himself when discussing the pardoning of his predecessor, Barack Obama. The turkeys Trump will pardon today will go live with the two former turkeys Obama pardoned last year. While announcing this, Trump slipped in a shot at Obama, saying with a big smile that he has been “active in overturning” his legacy, and that the White House Counsel had to intervene in Trump’s decision to “revoke” the Obama pardons.

There's two more paragraphs at the link:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/21/trump-showed-up-to-pardon-a-turkey-ended-up-taking-a-blowtorch-to-obama-instead/

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He loves messing with the WH press corps! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »
Benny Johnson

Reporter At Large

2:23 PM 11/21/2017

President Trump, the first lady and his son Barron Trump showed up in the White House Rose Garden today for the annual presidential turkey pardoning on Tuesday.

The pardoning of the two giant birds is a tradition dating back more than sixty years. The birds get pardoned and then spend the rest of their lives on a turkey farm. Today’s birds were named “Drumstick” and “Wing Bone.” Trump began the proceedings by thanking the gathered crowd for being there and saying the birds will be “very happy.”

But Trump could not help himself when discussing the pardoning of his predecessor, Barack Obama. The turkeys Trump will pardon today will go live with the two former turkeys Obama pardoned last year. While announcing this, Trump slipped in a shot at Obama, saying with a big smile that he has been “active in overturning” his legacy, and that the White House Counsel had to intervene in Trump’s decision to “revoke” the Obama pardons.

President Trump should have renamed them Bill and Hillary and refused to pardon them.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:49:29 PM »
The libs didn't even have to wait till Thursday to have their Thanksgiving ruined!! :-) :-)

Thank yo President Trump, you are a gift that keeps on giving! :cheersmate: :cheersmate:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
Response to Marcuse (Original post)Tue Nov 21, 2017, 02:24 PM
Star Member DonViejo (34,544 posts)
15. Locking....

A consensus of Forum Hosts agrees this is not important news of national interest and encourages you to post this news in the General Discussions Forum.

From the SOP of the LBN Forum (emphasis added)

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.

Locked because it's not important news like Barry's March Madness bracket picks.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:06:44 PM »
Locked because it's not important news like Barry's March Madness bracket picks.

Locked because Donald Trump has a sense of humor and DU manglement does not.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.