Author Topic: Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall Erupts into Revolt Against Machine Politics  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall Erupts into Revolt Against Machine Politics

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/21/Al-Sharpton-s-Chicago-Town-Hall-Erupts-into-Revolt-against-Machine-Politics

The meeting didn't turn out as they expected. I was shocked when I read the following paragraphs:

“The manner in which we have been voting needs to change,” Wendy Pearson, an activist against Chicago school closings, told the room. “I’m here to say to you that we have been trained to vote in a specific manner… we need to start looking at the manner in which our elected officials have been voting… if they have not voted in a manner that is beneficial to you, yours, and your community, then you need to start voting them out.”

McKinley told the room, “Stop blaming just anybody for the violence in the city of Chicago. Blame the right people, not just white people, but the right people. Because it’s not just white folks a part of this, but it is on the fifth floor. The fifth floor took your schools, the fifth floor just took your jobs that he said that he gave to the ex-offender… and every single alderman was a part of this criminal process.”

McKinley called on President Obama to help the grassroots by discontinuing aid and government grants that go through Chicago’s political machine to “name-brand-blue-ribbon-negro-organizations” such as the NAACP and Urban League. McKinley told Breitbart News those groups “are poverty pimps, and are part of the problem and not the solution.”

Is it possible people are waking up to the truth the democrats have been purposely keeping poor people down to up their power?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Dori

What does she mean by "fifth floor"?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Linda

Your guess is as good as mine with that one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
What does she mean by "fifth floor"?

I could be wrong, but I believe "fifth floor" refers to the mayor's office on fifth floor of city hall in Chicago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Linda

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Linda

I just like they way she is sounding like a conservative when she talked. They have been voting for their own destruction for so long, now some are finally seeing the light.

Offline Dori

I could be wrong, but I believe "fifth floor" refers to the mayor's office on fifth floor of city hall in Chicago.

Hmmm.......Rahm Emanuel is the mayor and is Jewish..

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Hopefully she means the Black Democrats.  But I guess that makes me racist.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Mr Mannn

Is it possible people are waking up to the truth the democrats have been purposely keeping poor people down to up their power?
Nope. The poor are brainwashed by legions of good union school teachers. A few might see, but when the smiling democrat passes a few measly dollars, loyalty will again be assured.

The inner cities are lost.