Author Topic: Meet the 'Freedom Squad': The Republican answer to AOC's left-wing 'Squad'  (Read 829 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Meet the 'Freedom Squad': The Republican answer to AOC's left-wing 'Squad'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/meet-the-freedom-squad-the-republican-answer-to-aocs-left-wing-squad

Two Florida Republicans set to arrive on Capitol Hill in January already have a goal in mind: start a rival group to counter the "Squad" of liberal freshman lawmakers who took Washington, D.C., by storm two years ago.

Carlos Gimenez, the former Miami-Dade County mayor, and Maria Elvira Salazar, an ex-TV journalist, who both won their House races earlier this month, explained to the Miami Herald that they want to start a "Freedom Squad" to fight the far-left wing of the Democratic Party.

"I’m not here to battle every Democrat. I am here to battle [the Squad]. I will do that with my last breath," Gimenez said, citing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as one of his motivations to first run for office. Rounding out the original squad are Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan.

The Freedom Squad will consist of Republicans who managed to flip seats held by Democratic incumbents or held on to their own competitive seats in the general election.

In addition to Gimenez and Salazar, who both have Cuban roots, the group has attracted the interest of congresswoman-elect Nicole Malliotakis, whose mother was born in Cuba, and Victoria Spartz of Indiana, who grew up in the Soviet Union before Ukraine became an independent nation.

Malliotakis, who will be New York City's sole GOP lawmaker in the House next session, said there is a stark contrast between her and Ocasio-Cortez, a fellow New Yorker, which she believes voters noticed.

Meet the Freedom Squad. They are Carlos Gimenez, Maria Elvira Salazar, Nicole Malliotakis, and Victoria Spartz.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Meet the 'Freedom Squad': The Republican answer to AOC's left-wing 'Squad'
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »
Love it.   :thumbs:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »
Good for them but I hope they realize how they will be vilified by the press at every step of the way.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »
Good for them but I hope they realize how they will be vilified by the press at every step of the way.

And vilified by the likes of Romney and other pieces of shit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
And vilified by the likes of Romney and other pieces of shit.

Vilifying females is far more difficult than those with visible external genitalia.  Sarah Palin excepted, as she certainly was derided beyond rational comprehension.

Remember, this is the "#METOO" era.  The libs and most media will always ridicule conservative women, but have to take a much more nuanced approach.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 08:13:44 AM »
Vilifying females is far more difficult than those with visible external genitalia.  Sarah Palin excepted, as she certainly was derided beyond rational comprehension.

Remember, this is the "#METOO" era.  The libs and most media will always ridicule conservative women, but have to take a much more nuanced approach.

Won't matter. They are not [D]s so they are fair game.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 09:29:20 AM »
Won't matter. They are not [D]s so they are fair game.

Joni Ernst was re-elected to a 2nd term as U.S. Senator, despite the left's attempts to turn her into the new Sarah Palin.  I consider that a positive.