Author Topic: Amazingly, the Iranians have seized the high moral ground tonight  (Read 1536 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member scheming daemons (24,833 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212851099

Amazingly, the Iranians have seized the high moral ground tonight
By deliberately hitting parts of the bases that weren't housing any Americans, the Iranians showed they are able to strike Americans... but that they wouldn't kill any Americans tonight.

They now look like the reasonable party here to neutral observers.

Trump has managed to look worse than a murderous Iranian regime.

Iran has outflanked him in his desire to have a full blown war.

Any strikes by the US now will look weak and desperate.

This "war" will be off the front pages in a couple weeks, and impeachment will be front and center again.

The neocons didn't get the response they wanted... they wanted American deaths so they could escalate. Now they lost that card

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member htuttle (23,285 posts)

2. If they did that entirely on purpose, I'd say their missiles are more accurate that many realized

These were apparently some of the new ones that have a longer range. It seems pretty far from a scud.

:whatever:

Star Member TwilightZone (14,020 posts)

3. I think that might be spot on.

Their media is exaggerating the attacks to mollify the Iranian people, and they've given Trump an out. If he's capable of doing one smart thing in his 70+ years, he'll put away his ego for five minutes and end this.

avlbeerfan (3 posts)

8. Iran saved face.

They fired a few scuds to say they took revenge.
No lives lost from what the current networks are showing.
We didn't return fire.
Everybody went home.

:loser:

Star Member Enoki33 (1,113 posts)

9. Would not be surprised if Putin, who apparently is in Turkey, has

something to do with it. Unbelievable.

Star Member BadgerMom (1,600 posts)

10. Yep.

That’s what I was thinking.

They are the most stupid people on the internets...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

Re: Amazingly, the Iranians have seized the high moral ground tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 05:06:25 AM »
Question for lurking DUmmies:

If Iran seized higher moral ground by not killing Americans then why did Iran's media claim that 80 "American terrorists" were killed?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/iran-says-80-american-killed-in-the-missile-strike-here-is-all-you-should-know-about-the-attack/articleshow/73149977.cms

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 05:28:05 AM »
You loons call this the moral high ground?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 06:15:00 AM »
Wow, if they missed their mark deliberately then their technology has improved significantly!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 06:27:58 AM »
Star Member scheming daemons (24,833 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212851099

Amazingly, the Iranians have seized the high moral ground tonight
By deliberately hitting parts of the bases that weren't housing any Americans, the Iranians showed they are able to strike Americans... but that they wouldn't kill any Americans tonight.

You're too stupid to be allowed on the internet.  With Iranian artillery rockets, they achieved their highest possible standard of accuracy by managing to land any of them at all on a target the size of an airbase.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 07:55:28 AM »

They are the most stupid people on the internets...

An undeniable truth.

Deplorable since 2016

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 08:13:25 AM »
Star Member Enoki33 (1,113 posts)

9. Would not be surprised if Putin, who apparently is in Turkey, has

something to do with it. Unbelievable.
Only a complete idiot would believe that.

Star Member BadgerMom (1,600 posts)

10. Yep.

That’s what I was thinking.
See, told you.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
Any indication as to the rocket/missile type(s)? I.E., unguided or guided. If unguided, Star Moron scheming daemons' comment,

"Amazingly, the Iranians have seized the high moral ground tonight
By deliberately hitting parts of the bases that weren't housing any Americans, the Iranians showed they are able to strike Americans... but that they wouldn't kill any Americans tonight."

is DUmb.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 08:42:48 AM »
launching a preemptive strike is achieving the moral high ground?   :mental:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »
 ::)

Iran's purpose wanted to please their own citizenry, while not provoking a devastating US military response. That's what they accomplished.

Well, except that they may have shot down an airliner. We'll see.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
Wow, if they missed their mark deliberately then their technology has improved significantly!  LOL

KC
Heard someone on the radio play the Marvin the Martian clip: Where was the Kaboom?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
Heard someone on the radio play the Marvin the Martian clip: Where was the Kaboom?

No kidding.  I heard several of their missiles failed and several more were shot down. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
Quote from: star member scheming daemons
This "war" will be off the front pages in a couple weeks, and impeachment will be front and center again.

I sure as hell hope this distraction is over soon and impeachment is front and center again.  Trump's fund raising took a dive with impeachment out of the news.  It's going to be tough for him to reach $200 million by March 1st now.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 06:02:35 AM »
::)

Iran's purpose wanted to please their own citizenry, while not provoking a devastating US military response. That's what they accomplished.

Well, except that they may have shot down an airliner. We'll see.

Exactly correct. Iran now knows Trump will thump them back to the 1st century and he won't lose a minutes sleep while doing it. So they simply pulled a Clinton and lobbed some rockets at nothing, claimed victory and went home knowing they'll be alive tomorrow.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 01:14:50 PM »
I sure as hell hope this distraction is over soon and impeachment is front and center again.  Trump's fund raising took a dive with impeachment out of the news.  It's going to be tough for him to reach $200 million by March 1st now.
I don't see any letup in his donations. This military operation against Soloimani, frankly, has been the single-most effective military operation in the history of the war against Islamic terrorism. The chatter says most of the hardliners within the military are scattering, and more responsible military leadership may be taking their place, at least pragmatically if not formally.

In short, probably the greatest military action for effect since 9/11, on par with the atomic bomb on Japan.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
I don't see any letup in his donations. This military operation against Soloimani, frankly, has been the single-most effective military operation in the history of the war against Islamic terrorism. The chatter says most of the hardliners within the military are scattering, and more responsible military leadership may be taking their place, at least pragmatically if not formally.

In short, probably the greatest military action for effect since 9/11, on par with the atomic bomb on Japan.
Think it was on Gutfeld's show last night, someone said that if Pearl Harbor happened now, Democrats would blame the U.S./Trump/military industrial complex for having such shiny boats as targets in the Pacific.  Something akin to that.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »
launching a preemptive strike is achieving the moral high ground?   :mental:

Because, when you're thoughts and beliefs are 180 degrees opposite of what normal people think and believe, evil is good.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:55:21 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 09:02:30 PM »
Because, when you're thoughts and beliefs are180 degrees opposite of what normal people think and believe, evil is good.
Shooting down a Ukrainian civilian jet is a-ok with the primitives
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »

While condemning the killing of the leader of Iran's terrorist force responsible for killing Iranian dissidents and American soldiers and contractors.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 07:53:24 AM »
It's only okay if you can use pretzel-logic to blame it on Trump.