Author Topic: Neil Armstrong, Americas First man to walk on the moon is dead at 82  (Read 4845 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Neil Armstrong, Americas First man to walk on the moon is dead at 82
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
Present trends continuing, we will soon hear that the last living American who walked on the moon has died.

And, somewhat later, that the last living human to go into space on an American spacecraft has died.

Yes, that is so heart breaking.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
How many of you have seen this?

This is from the MAObama "tumblr" account and is the Fearless Leader's version of honoring a man of great courage and accomplishment: Neil Armstrong.

To quote the restaurant manager in Feris Bueller's Day Off: "I weep for the future!"

See:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/26/to-honor-neil-armstrong-obama-posts-a-picture-of-himself

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »

Neil Armstrong, who made the “giant leap for mankind” as the first human to set foot on the moon, died on Saturday. He was 82.

His family said in a statement that the cause was “complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.” He had undergone heart bypass surgery this month in Cincinnati, near where he lived. His recovery had been going well, according to those who spoke with him after the surgery, and his death came as a surprise to many close to him, including his fellow Apollo astronauts. The family did not say where he died.

A quiet, private man, at heart an engineer and crack test pilot, Mr. Armstrong made history on July 20, 1969, as the commander of the Apollo 11 spacecraft on the mission that culminated the Soviet-American space race in the 1960s. President John F. Kennedy had committed the nation “to achieving the goal, before the decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth.” It was done with more than five months to spare.

On that day, Mr. Armstrong and his co-pilot, Col. Edwin E. Aldrin Jr., known as Buzz, steered their lunar landing craft, Eagle, to a level, rock-strewn plain near the southwestern shore of the Sea of Tranquillity. It was touch and go the last minute or two, with computer alarms sounding and fuel running low. But they made it.

“Houston, Tranquillity Base here,” Mr. Armstrong radioed to mission control. “The Eagle has landed.”

“Roger, Tranquillity,” mission control replied. “We copy you on the ground. You’ve got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We’re breathing again. Thanks a lot.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/science/space/neil-armstrong-dies-first-man-on-moon.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »
The one year anniversary.
Neil passed away 25 Aug. 2012
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »
The one year anniversary.
Neil passed away 25 Aug. 2012

Crap...friend of mine posted this on FB just now...didn't check the date.

Mods please delete
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »
Crap...friend of mine posted this on FB just now...didn't check the date.

Mods please delete
Before anyone deletes it, Did anyone have him on their dead pool predictions a year ago ?

edit th
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.