Author Topic: United States loses AAA credit rating from S&P  (Read 4779 times)

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
Re: United States loses AAA credit rating from S&P
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »
It's above his pay grade.

I would bet at some point during the last three months, Obama asked this question, word-for-word:

"Explain this rating agency thing again?  S&who?"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
I would bet at some point during the last three months, Obama asked this question, word-for-word:

"Explain this rating agency thing again?  S&who?"

I guarantee you that he doesn't know all the S&P ratings or at what level one is considered "junk" (hint lurking DUmmies: BB.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
It's above his pay grade.

I almost hate to admit this, but when I first read that, I thought you wrote "It's above his gay pride."  I was wondering if I had missed some important announcement or if the secret service had "uncovered" something new about the bulge in Michelle's pants.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Don't believe for a second that the WH and the rest of the left is not ecstatic about the credit rating downgrade. The show "fight" with S&P was just a way to make it sound like the USA should not have been downgraded. For the left, it is merely another step towards the destruction of the middle class.
Add the credit rating decrease to the dog pile:

Obamacare
Frank Dodd
EPA and other middle class business stifling regulations
The continuing decline of education standards and results.
The perpetuation of the Global Warming and variations fraud
The curbs on energy exploitation
a nearly $15 trillion debt
the unending expansion of political correctness.
The stupidity of the American people who still think that Obama should be re-elected.
The decline of ethics and morality
Continuing high unemployment with only obstacles to private sector job creation (see above list)
The stupidity of Americans who think the Tea Parties are "extremist".
The ignorance and crass stupidity of the so called 'intellectual elite'.
The awarding of academic and other tenures for incompetence.
The ignorance of the free market and the meaning of individual freedom.
The failure to get rid of public service unions...completely.
These are only the visible factors.  New regulations are still being written for Obamacare that will further erode freedom and lead America down the road to economic and political slavery. 
H5! Very well played.
I would add that bumbling idiot, Bwaney Fwank and Bill Clintung to that list as well.

Offline Bertram

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 12:49:12 AM »
to the DUmocrats, it means "their way or the highway".  They are not interested in listening to anything put forward that doesn't match precisely with their agenda (keep spending on social programs, union jobs, and tax, tax, tax). 

Regardless of who is actually at fault for this downgrade, the media will set in people's mind who is to "blame".

Budget negotiations are like a starring contest, regardless of of which side you believe in. Both are to blame in budget battles. It's politics at its purest form, it's both disgusting and beautiful.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
Budget negotiations are like a starring contest, regardless of of which side you believe in. Both are to blame in budget battles. It's politics at its purest form, it's both disgusting and beautiful.

Really? Do mom and dad sit across the table from each other and glare at each other when they need to tighten the belt? Or do they make suggestions about things they could do without?

What should the gov't do for you?