Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining  (Read 12667 times)

Offline thelaughingman

Repubs to Dems: "Checkmate, bitches!"

Offline ConservativeMobster

Where are the law abiding non-union citizens of Madison? Time to take back your House!

Working maybe?  Hoping to see some push back over the weekend but maybe it's better they just keeping giving the thugs more rope.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The turmoil in Wisconsin got worse and worse.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Bertram

In 18-1 vote, Wis. Senate approves bill to strip public employees of collective bargaining rights according to Twitter Breaking News via FR.

Might harm the Republican party when it comes to the next state election.

And don't start celebrating yet, they violated open meeting laws.
I constantly violate procedure in school politics, but only because its more efficient, but violating procedure to pass a hotly contested piece of legislation is unacceptable.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.

Only in your fevered mind, kid.

I constantly violate procedure in school politics, but only because its more efficient, but violating procedure to pass a hotly contested piece of legislation is unacceptable.

:lmao:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Bertram

I cut through red tape with Katakana motha****a.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!

Where the hell do you get this shit? They separated this out of fiscal policies to do what they did and followed the rules that are written in their state law. They gave notice! That's all they had to do! It certainly wasn't their fault you cowards ran to another state and couldn't show up in time! What would you propose they do when state senators refuse to do the job the people elected them to do? You think runnin' and hidin' out of state is showin' up for work? Does the phrase you're fired mean anything to you? If any other group in the private sector pulled this shit, that's exactly what would happen!

Attitudes like this is what's wrong with the country! The people of WI went to the polls in Nov in order for the government to get a handle on a budget that is out of control. Are you suggesting the voters got it wrong? If that's the case, then perhaps they should just appoint a dictator like Chavez! You don't like what the people have said, get off your dead ass and hit the voting booth next time! Until then, read it and weep! This is called democracy. You're just pissed because you can no longer dictate your corrupt philosophy!

The voters sent a message to their state that they work for them, not the other way around! Just because you nanny stater's don't like it, doesn't make you right. Funny how when you progressives win an election, it's what the people want, and they have spoken! But when the shoe is on the other foot, we somehow have voted against our own best interest and you refuse to accept it! You even resort to violence in order to try and prove a point that is as dishonest as the ****in' union thugs in WI.

I haven't seen a single lefty acknowledge the fact, the only collective bargaining at risk in WI is the benefits, which have to be approved by the voters. Gee, what a bummer! The people who pay your salaries have to approve how much they pay your for vacation, sick leave, and pensions. Wages are not included in this legislation. You can still hold the tax payer hostage if you don't get the raise for an entire portion of the government! Who in the private sector doesn't have to negotiate bennies with their employer, or wages for that matter? You want to be able to shut a whole state down if you don't get your way.

I've seen estimates that it's going to cost $7.5 million dollars to clean the Damn mess up after all your brethren decide to go home! If you want any credibility at all, you'll start a collection to pay for the ****in' mess you're goin' to leave behind after this temper tantrum!

Y'all are in for a very rude awakening! The majority of Americans don't intend to enslave our children for your government controlled population! If it weren't for all your so called victims of society, you people wouldn't get elected for a century!

Democrats feed off of human frailty. Without it, none of you pricks would ever get elected! Individual responsibility is a four letter word to the progressive movement! Gettin' out of bed every morning and working to take of yourself is foreign to your philosophy. The more victims you make and give hand outs to, is your idea of a voting base!

Shame on you, not the reps who have finally stood up to assholes standing in line at the statehouse for another ****in' handout!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
I cut through red tape with Katakana motha****a.

Yes, I'm sure the student council trembles at your power.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Bertram

Where the hell do you get this shit? They separated this out of fiscal policies to do what they did and followed the rules that are written in their state law. They gave notice! That's all they had to do! It certainly wasn't their fault you cowards ran to another state and couldn't show up in time! What would you propose they do when state senators refuse to do the job the people elected them to do? You think runnin' and hidin' out of state is showin' up for work? Does the phrase you're fired mean anything to you? If any other group in the private sector pulled this shit, that's exactly what would happen!

Attitudes like this is what's wrong with the country! The people of WI went to the polls in Nov in order for the government to get a handle on a budget that is out of control. Are you suggesting the voters got it wrong? If that's the case, then perhaps they should just appoint a dictator like Chavez! You don't like what the people have said, get off your dead ass and hit the voting booth next time! Until then, read it and weep! This is called democracy. You're just pissed because you can no longer dictate your corrupt philosophy!

The voters sent a message to their state that they work for them, not the other way around! Just because you nanny stater's don't like it, doesn't make you right. Funny how when you progressives win an election, it's what the people want, and they have spoken! But when the shoe is on the other foot, we somehow have voted against our own best interest and you refuse to accept it! You even resort to violence in order to try and prove a point that is as dishonest as the ****in' union thugs in WI.

I haven't seen a single lefty acknowledge the fact, the only collective bargaining at risk in WI is the benefits, which have to be approved by the voters. Gee, what a bummer! The people who pay your salaries have to approve how much they pay your for vacation, sick leave, and pensions. Wages are not included in this legislation. You can still hold the tax payer hostage if you don't get the raise for an entire portion of the government! Who in the private sector doesn't have to negotiate bennies with their employer, or wages for that matter? You want to be able to shut a whole state down if you don't get your way.

I've seen estimates that it's going to cost $7.5 million dollars to clean the Damn mess up after all your brethren decide to go home! If you want any credibility at all, you'll start a collection to pay for the ****in' mess you're goin' to leave behind after this temper tantrum!

Y'all are in for a very rude awakening! The majority of Americans don't intend to enslave our children for your government controlled population! If it weren't for all your so called victims of society, you people wouldn't get elected for a century!

Democrats feed off of human frailty. Without it, none of you pricks would ever get elected! Individual responsibility is a four letter word to the progressive movement! Gettin' out of bed every morning and working to take of yourself is foreign to your philosophy. The more victims you make and give hand outs to, is your idea of a voting base!

Shame on you, not the reps who have finally stood up to assholes standing in line at the statehouse for another ****in' handout!

You use the word You a lot. I'm not a Democrat you know.

Yes, I'm sure the student council trembles at your power.

Tomorrow I'm going to as the president to set the agenda in such a way where we'll be
1. Impeaching a senator that got elected by write in and has not showed up to any meetings.
2. Appointing a member of the debate team to the senate.
3. Entertaining a motion to give the debate team $2,000 of emergency funding,
 3a. The Treasurer will say the Budget and Finance Committee recommends approval.
 3a. Obviously debaters on senate can't vote in this motion because it's a conflict of interest unless..... We might not make quorum without them! Time to vote to suspend the rules!
4. It passes.

No they don't tremble. I'm 5'5" and weigh 120 pounds. I don't make kittens tremble. Which is a good thing; I am generally underestimated.

Offline MP_Sarge

Oh, I dunno, that dapper hat makes me tremble.

I'm not sure if it's my flaming homosexuality or my stomach about to birth the remains of supper.  But I tremble.
Nunquam Honorandum Nisi Merito
 Transgender American Veterans

Offline AllosaursRus

You use the word You a lot. I'm not a Democrat you know.
Tomorrow I'm going to as the president to set the agenda in such a way where we'll be
1. Impeaching a senator that got elected by write in and has not showed up to any meetings.
2. Appointing a member of the debate team to the senate.
3. Entertaining a motion to give the debate team $2,000 of emergency funding,
 3a. The Treasurer will say the Budget and Finance Committee recommends approval.
 3a. Obviously debaters on senate can't vote in this motion because it's a conflict of interest unless..... We might not make quorum without them! Time to vote to suspend the rules!
4. It passes.

No they don't tremble. I'm 5'5" and weigh 120 pounds. I don't make kittens tremble. Which is a good thing; I am generally underestimated.

Yeah, right! Who'd ya vote for in the last presidential election? Or did ya even bother?

You seem to be defending state senators who think runnin' out of town is goin' to influence a vote in a state house.

From what I understand, they were givin' better than a 2 hour notice this was goin' to happen. According to house rules, they did it by the book. It's not the Repubs fault no DemoncRat was available to contest it. If they had been in town, this wouldn't even be an issue, would it?

I suppose the other side has to make special circumstances legal when ya run out with your tail between your legs, right? Bull shit! They brought this on themselves. Now they have to pay the piper!

Eta:

Oh, I don't have "kittens", but my cats would eat you for lunch. Ranch life ain't easy, ya have to take what ya can get. Only the strong survive.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:28:00 AM by AllosaursRus »

Offline MP_Sarge

Yeah, right! Who'd ya vote for in the last presidential election? Or did ya even bother?

Or, was he even old enough?

Offline AllosaursRus

Or, was he even old enough?

Good point! H5!

Offline Bertram

I was a few months shy of the date. What do you mean Yeah right? I define my ideologies under my own parameters. I don't need a party telling me where to stand.

You seem to be defending state senators who think runnin' out of town is goin' to influence a vote in a state house.

When the state house gets over run, thats a good sign its a shitty law.

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost" -Ronald Reagan

Offline MP_Sarge

oooooooooh! 

WHADDOIWIN?!?!  WHADDOIWIN?!?!?!

I accept payment in cash form, via PayPal, and in 5.56 brass for reloading.

Offline AllosaursRus

I was a few months shy of the date. What do you mean Yeah right? I define my ideologies under my own parameters. I don't need a party telling me where to stand.

When the state house gets over run, thats a good sign its a shitty law.

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost" -Ronald Reagan

Yeah, you're right. When employees of the tax payers start throwin hissy fits and destroyin' the "people's" property, it's a good thing!

I suppose that's why Regan fired all those Traffic Controllers, right? I know, I know, you're series!

Offline Bertram

Yeah, you're right. When employees of the tax payers start throwin hissy fits and destroyin' the "people's" property, it's a good thing!

I suppose that's why Regan fired all those Traffic Controllers, right? I know, I know, you're series!

Nah, I just wanted to use a Reagan quote in an non-conservative argument.
That's about it. I'm curious though, why is collective bargaining bad?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

That's about it. I'm curious though, why is collective bargaining bad?

Are public sector unions negotiating with their employer, I.e. the taxpayer? Yeah, didn't think so. They negotiate with the people they can place into positions of power. There should NEVER be public unions.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Are public sector unions negotiating with their employer, I.e. the taxpayer? Yeah, didn't think so. They negotiate with the people they can place into positions of power. There should NEVER be public unions.

Bingo.

But Bertie doesn't understand the concepts of collusion and conflicts of interest. He sees only the four walls of his Mommy's basement and the pablum that his beloved liberal news media feeds him.

He burps contentedly after such feedings. Of that there is no doubt.

Bertie also fails to understand the liberal media's focus on the rabid, maniacal insanity that are the relatively few who have trashed the Madison capitol building, waved all sorts of stupid-ass signs, and created enough of a problem to be dragged away like the trash they are.

The entire state of WI isn't involved in this charade, Bertie. Stop beating the same drum the liberal media is beating - your drum sticks aren't big enough.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Boudicca

Hell, Allo, many of the demonstrator thugs aren't even FROM Wisconsin and were bussed in.  Bertram, you claim that whenever the statehouse gets overrun, that's a good sign it's a shitty law.  Not even close to being a true statement.

First of all, the WI statehouse has been invaded by a horde of union operatives organized on a national, not state, level.  Most Wisconsinites are NOT demonstrating against the law, any moreso than most Arizonans were rioting in Phoenix before, during and after the passage of SB1070.  Seventy percent of Arizonans approved of the new law, and by God it seems to have worked.  Illegals are fleeing our state and that's a GOOD thing.

As for Wisconsin, Govenor Walker has most likely solidified his standing with the voters, minus the union parasites, and put himself in contention for the 2012 Republican nomination, should he seek it.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline thelaughingman

Three independent, non-partisan watchdog groups had no problems with what the Wisconsin Republicans did.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117656563.html

Republicans removed appropriations from the bill to get around the requirement that 20 senators vote on the measure. Fitzgerald said the determination that fewer than 20 senators had to be present was deemed acceptable by three widely respected nonpartisan agencies - the Legislative Fiscal Bureau, the Legislative Council and the Legislative Reference Bureau.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:50:44 AM by thelaughingman »

Offline Happy Fun Ball

oooooooooh! 

WHADDOIWIN?!?!  WHADDOIWIN?!?!?!

I accept payment in cash form, via PayPal, and in 5.56 brass for reloading.
Your free pony is in the mail.

Offline MP_Sarge

Please tell me you didn't ship it postage paid by receiver.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

"You're fired." -Ronald Reagan

Context, context, context, junior.  Do you know where and why Reagan said the quote you cited?  I do.

These are the values inspiring those brave workers in Poland … They remind us that where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.

And keep in mind that they only wanted to negotiate in good faith, not hold a government or taxpayers hostage.  FREE unions, junior.  Try and keep that in mind, won't you?

ETA: Peruse this one and tell me where he's wrong:

“But we cannot compare labor management relations in the private sector with government. Government cannot close down the assembly line. It has to provide, without interruption, the protective services which are governments’ reason for being.”

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:48:53 PM by NHSparky »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

Hey, Sparks. Isn't it great to step in where the government schools fail to tread?
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town