Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining  (Read 12666 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Christ almighty. This has already gone farther than it has the past 2-3 weeks. How far will it go before the band breaks?

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Here's video of the protesters storming the Capitol, they all look like College kids:

[youtube=425,350]iGdwsvj5k8Y[/youtube]
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Another live link, BTW the Firefighters Union is there and talking about a strike, Walker needs to do something about these civil servants:

http://www.livestream.com/theuptake
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:31:26 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a

http://www.livestream.com/theuptake

MadDad (4 posts)      Wed Mar-09-11 11:20 PM
Response to Reply #120
121. Just got back!
 I just got back from the Capitol. It was a wild scene and if I just knew how to post photos to this site I would- I'm normally a lurker who likes to read and not post.

The outer rings of the Capitol square are jammed with cars honking to the tune of "This is what democracy looks like". When I first arrived there were throngs of people crowding around the outside doors trying to get in and listening to speeches by John Nichols. He was talking about how and why this is illegal and how it can be fought.

After I was there for a while a few people started chanting that the side doors were open. I followed the mass of people into the building and the cops I saw just stepped aside and maybe even smiled.  The place was more crowded than I've seen in the past three weeks. There were Wisconsinites of all ages and sizes crowding into the place, and eventually the police just formed lines in front of the entrances to the Senate and other chambers.

On my way out I saw that they needed help moving all of the camping gear back into the building. They had sleeping bags, blankets, pads, tables food, first aid supplies, cleaning supplies, and anything else that you might need for a long term stay. I'm not sure how legal it was, but I may, or may not, have helped them carry several loads into the building.

Finally, I just had to get back home to my family; but, not before I joined the cars in the honking parade going on around the square.

Jon
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x596608

Felt this was warranted, because while it may be skewed views, it is at least a semi-decent description of what is going on down in the Mad City.

2nd link is a live stream. Looks like it's going to be an all nighter.  :mental:

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
What a disgraceful bunch of hooligan children.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
These protesters keep forgetting that the entire State of Wisconsin isn't just Madison, they're forgetting that people outside the Capitol are having a difficult time right now financially and they want spending reined in.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Note to unions: You can't fight for no. 1 if you need to take a no. 2. 6 minutes ago via web

:rotf: :lol: :lmao:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline longview

These protesters keep forgetting that the entire State of Wisconsin isn't just Madison, they're forgetting that people outside the Capitol are having a difficult time right now financially and they want spending reined in.

And with the details of the benefits the unionized workers have been abusing coming out and more people in Wisconsin learning about them, the tolerance for the nonsense and damage at the capitol will be even less well tolerated.

Offline Airwolf

The Governor can declare a state of emergency and call the Guard out. You don't need no stinking Union cops to go bust some heads.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline thelaughingman

The Governor can declare a state of emergency and call the Guard out. You don't need no stinking Union cops to go bust some heads.

Nice!  And the Guard actually would follow his orders and the law, unlike that jackhole sheriff.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
Mahoney. Remember thy name. His reign will end eventually...

Offline thelaughingman

Mahoney. Remember thy name. His reign will end eventually...

Why should I bother to remember the name of some jerk-off who's going to be out of a job soon?

Offline thelaughingman

Hey, wait a minute!  Wasn't Walker supposed to be kicked out of office by now because of that phone recording?   :rotf:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
 :lmao:

Why should I bother to remember the name of some jerk-off who's going to be out of a job soon?

In case the bastard tries to run for ANYTHING else politically!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Can Armageddon and starving union children be far behind? :sarcasm:
Armageddon!!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

Oh, it sucks when those EVIL Republicans win shit by playing by the rules, doesn't it, bitches?
Hi5.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
Department of Administration spokesman Tim Donovan said although protesters were being encouraged to leave, no one would be forcibly removed. Madison Mayor Dave Cieslewicz said he had instructed Madison Police Chief Noble Wray not to allow his officers to participate in removing demonstrators from the building.

This dick ordered his police to STAND DOWN! Ordered them not to remove an unruly mob occupying "their house" after hours. What a great, upstanding Mayor we have, huh? Am I the only one pissed about this. Madison is like Gotham City. Corrupt to the bone.

Walker is our Harvey Dent. (Minus two-face.) Where in the hell is our Batman!?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Eyewitness reports are saying that the protestors have locked and barred the doors at the Capitol building from the inside.

Gateway Pundit

Now, lock the doors from the outside and turn off the water.........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

A scheduled legislative session is being postponed because of protesting thugs blocking the hallways and some of the legislators are barricaded in their offices, according to Fox News.

Offline Boudicca

Armageddon!!!

Did the gerbil survive?  That's the only decent creature in the entire story.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Where are the law abiding non-union citizens of Madison? Time to take back your House!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
There was one being ganged up on at the stream I linked in the SB, but the camera panned away.