Author Topic: Ruh-roh: ACORN gotcha man among four arrested  (Read 10649 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Ruh-roh: ACORN gotcha man among four arrested
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
Ironic how the MSM jumped right on to this story.

The ACORN story? Yeah. Not so much...  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 08:30:50 PM »
Level.Playing.Field.Please.  :rotf: I have 30 years on that cute young thing.

Lets see you in some shorts like that  :drool:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
The more I read about this the more pathetic the media's coverage of it has been.  I am now convinced that these are trumped up charges just to discredit him.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »
The more I read about this the more pathetic the media's coverage of it has been.  I am now convinced that these are trumped up charges just to discredit him.

Bingo.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
Statement from James O'Keefe
http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/29/statement-from-james-okeefe/

The government has now confirmed what has always been clear: No one tried to wiretap or bug Senator Landrieu’s office. Nor did we try to cut or shut down her phone lines. Reports to this effect over the past 48 hours are inaccurate and false.

As an investigative journalist, my goal is to expose corruption and lack of concern for citizens by government and other institutions, as I did last year when our investigations revealed the massive corruption and fraud perpetrated by ACORN. For decades, investigative journalists have used a variety of tactics to try to dig out and reveal the truth.

I learned from a number of sources that many of Senator Landrieu’s constituents were having trouble getting through to her office to tell her that they didn’t want her taking millions of federal dollars in exchange for her vote on the healthcare bill. When asked about this, Senator Landrieu’s explanation was that, “Our lines have been jammed for weeks.” I decided to investigate why a representative of the people would be out of touch with her constituents for “weeks” because her phones were broken. In investigating this matter, we decided to visit Senator Landrieu’s district office – the people’s office – to ask the staff if their phones were working.

On reflection, I could have used a different approach to this investigation, particularly given the sensitivities that people understandably have about security in a federal building. The sole intent of our investigation was to determine whether or not Senator Landrieu was purposely trying to avoid constituents who were calling to register their views to her as their Senator. We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I’m eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media.

It has been amazing to witness the journalistic malpractice committed by many of the organizations covering this story. MSNBC falsely claimed that I violated a non-existent “gag order.” The Associated Press incorrectly reported that I “broke in” to an office which is open to the public. The Washington Post has now had to print corrections in two stories on me. And these are just a few examples of inaccurate and false reporting. The public will judge whether reporters who can’t get their facts straight have the credibility to question my integrity as a journalist.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 05:12:57 AM »
U.S. Attorney Steps Down From O'Keefe Case

The top federal prosecutor for New Orleans has removed himself from the case of four conservative activists arrested last week while allegedly trying to capture hidden camera footage in a senator's office, the Department of Justice said Monday.

A Justice Department news release said Jim Letten, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Louisiana, recused himself from the case a day after the Jan. 25 arrests in Democrat Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in New Orleans. Letten's top lieutenant, assistant U.S. Attorney Jan Mann, has taken over.

The news release didn't say why Letten removed himself, and his spokeswoman Anna Christman said she couldn't comment.

hmmm...
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline bkg

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
Is anyone surprised by this? If the ****ing law enforcement would do their job, yes their ****ING JOB, we wouldn't have vigilantism. Not defending what OKeefe did, but for ****'s sake.

well said.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
Hot hot hot!  :evillaugh:

In a kinky way I have to agree, Nerds are the in thing this year.

What can a girl do with a muscle bound gorgeous body,that goes to the Gym 6 days a week and stops at every mirror they see to admire themselves.?  Who wants a man that takes steroids and is useless in bed.

Nerds are definitely the in thing.

For one thing they make more money a year then a Jock makes in 5 years.

Nerds will not run off with your best friend.

Nerds are usually so greatfull for a woman, any woman, they make the perfect husband.

Nerds will have interests other then Sports and NASCA. While MR.Jock  is playing mud football and ignoring you, you could be taking a tour of site that is part of Hubby's passion.

This young man has a passion  for journalism. I believe he was influenced by others. He is young yet, the Acorn thing was so much different from this new deal.

He was so outrageous with Acorn, but they were off guard and must have to deal with stranger people then he, as a PIMP, every day.

I am more interested in the 3 others with him arrested.  What do they have to say, did he get them involved or did they con him into it.

This was done so sloppy and really unrehearsed before hand that I am of 5 minds about this.

How stupid were the phone phone company guys not to have found a printing shop that for $500.00 would not print out some official badges and papers. Show the papers and then give a phone number of their supervisor a woman who would act the part of a receptionest and a male voice saying both were valaid.   Heck throw away phone using calling cards.

And what qualifying credits to work on the super Technology of modern phones in a FEDERAL building did either of the men have.

Ah well time will tell perhaps whats going on. Remember the Spruce Goose and the millions the owner acquired.

I predict some interesting years ahead for this young man.   Hollywood will love him.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
Yup yup yup, quirky guys rock for all those reasons!  :-)

Plus, did you see him dance in the gangsta video? Just Dang.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SVPete

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
Besides, if OKeefe would have me, I would so have his love child! He is geeky hot!

:popcorn: :uhsure: Anyone else here see a strong resemblance between O'Keefe and the iconic geek in the ______ for Dummies books?

A couple weeks post-event, it's looking like O'Keefe and friends tried a hidden cameras stunt to give the lie to Sen. Landrieu's claim that she couldn't talk to constituents angry at the "Louisiana Purchase" because her office's phone system was screwed up. They entered an office that is open to the public, had no equipment usable for bugging and never actually did anything to the phones. The MSM, predictably, jumped all over the story and pulled factoids from their nether regions - claiming that they were trying to bug the offices. Breitbart's Big Journalism site for the past week has been jumping all over the MSM and ProgMedia fools who published what could be, if not retracted, slander - the claims of wire-tapping and a more recent claim that O'Keefe helped organize a racist event.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 09:44:44 PM »
Ya know, I wonder if the Feds are even considering investigating the criminal enterprise that is ACORN?

Oh hell, who'm I tryin' to kid?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
Level.Playing.Field.Please.  :rotf: I have 30 years on that cute young thing.

That's okay Schad! Mature women with experience could make these youngsters blush and young men think they're in heaven!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline bkg

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Ya know, I wonder if the Feds are even considering investigating the criminal enterprise that is ACORN?

Oh hell, who'm I tryin' to kid?

ACORN funding is back at full speed... Investigation will happen about the same time the New Black Panthers vote intimidation investigation picks up again.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »
:popcorn: :uhsure: Anyone else here see a strong resemblance between O'Keefe and the iconic geek in the ______ for Dummies books?

A couple weeks post-event, it's looking like O'Keefe and friends tried a hidden cameras stunt to give the lie to Sen. Landrieu's claim that she couldn't talk to constituents angry at the "Louisiana Purchase" because her office's phone system was screwed up. They entered an office that is open to the public, had no equipment usable for bugging and never actually did anything to the phones. The MSM, predictably, jumped all over the story and pulled factoids from their nether regions - claiming that they were trying to bug the offices. Breitbart's Big Journalism site for the past week has been jumping all over the MSM and ProgMedia fools who published what could be, if not retracted, slander - the claims of wire-tapping and a more recent claim that O'Keefe helped organize a racist event.

And the truth shall set you free. Hello Big Media? Are you even interested in the truth? No? Ah...
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »
That's okay Schad! Mature women with experience could make these youngsters blush and young men think they're in heaven!!!

That's right! Rockurworld was trying to shatter my confidence.... Hear me RAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!! :evillaugh: