Author Topic: White House Calls ACORN Employees' Behavior 'Unacceptable'  (Read 1951 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
White House Calls ACORN Employees' Behavior 'Unacceptable'
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »

At today's White House briefing, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, asked by ABC News about recent government actions taken against ACORN, had a forceful response.

"Obviously the conduct you see on those tapes is completely unacceptable," Gibbs said, raising the issue of videotapes posted online by BigGovernment.com and aired frequently by Fox News Channel that seem to show ACORN employees advising a faux prostitute and faux pimp on how to skirt housing and tax laws. "The administration takes accountability extremely seriously."...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/white-house-calls-acorn-employees-behavior-unacceptable.html

Offline Alpha Mare

Re: White House Calls ACORN Employees' Behavior 'Unacceptable'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »
He pointed out that "previous administrations" had awarded grants to ACORN either through the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

See, it's Bush's fault!
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
I would have paid to be in on the meeting to watch Obama and Gibbs discussing this position.  :hyper:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
I think their behavior in getting 0Bama elected was unacceptable. Their tax exempt status should be revoked.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
Soon  it will be easier to say who hasnt been thrown under the bus the who has.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »
Hmmm . . . Obama almost rhymes with ACORN, so I'm really surprised at his use of the word "unacceptable" here . . . that's a devastating rebuke OTBE.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
 :bs2flag:

He was happy to have them drag out dead people during election day to get votes...he is all talk and will continue to slap money in their hands if they can get enough votes to re-elect him....no matter how they get those votes.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »
Obie will just make ACORN a federal office with a cabinet position. Then that pesky accountability shit won't matter

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
Obie will just make ACORN a federal office with a cabinet position. Then that pesky accountability shit won't matter

Yeah, maybe he'll appoint a Czar to oversee them.

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
He's not upset about their behavior, he's upset that their behavior got caught.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 07:10:36 PM »
It was funny when I was watching the news and someone from ACORN said it was race related against black and brown people. I almost threw my shoe at the TV but I figured it was easier to change the channel than to replace a TV or dumbas* sh*t
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »
It was funny when I was watching the news and someone from ACORN said it was race related against black and brown people. I almost threw my shoe at the TV but I figured it was easier to change the channel than to replace a TV or dumbas* sh*t

Well that's because we all know 'brown and black people' aren't capable of behaving properly. This is the dem mindset: 'black and brown people' are indeed too stupid, lacking in self-control, and incapable of the good and lawful behavior expected of other folks. I'd be maddened if I was part of this racial group. Too many blacks are placated though by having an out that they ignore the implication inherent in that out. It's almost as if some people don't care if they are seen as negatively as long as it gets them what they want. Unfortunately, for this group, that tired meme is running out and free passes are going to dry up.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
..The wheels on the bus go crunch - crunch - crunch...

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:22 PM »
SOP for dictator wanna bees is to throw the goofier parts of their base under the bus to make themselves more legit and grab more power.

Acorn is such  convuleted swamp of interlocking tapeworms that they probably won't be out a dime in real terms, but the 0ne gets to look halfway honest, and they sneak in some quirky way to shut down those who have questions.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 12:04:34 AM »
..The wheels on the bus go crunch - crunch - crunch...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:24:20 AM »
SOP for dictator wanna bees is to throw the goofier parts of their base under the bus to make themselves more legit and grab more power.

Acorn is such  convuleted swamp of interlocking tapeworms that they probably won't be out a dime in real terms, but the 0ne gets to look halfway honest, and they sneak in some quirky way to shut down those who have questions.

First we take down ACORN.. then we get to the REAL crooks... their "brother" organization-- SEIU.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 04:33:06 AM »
First we take down ACORN.. then we get to the REAL crooks... their "brother" organization-- SEIU.

So we take down Acorn, now the money goes to CCI ----CCI is the new name that Acorn changed to get away from negative press back in June.

There is no Acorn, it is now CCI.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »
I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work."

President Elect Barack Obama to ACORN leaders November 2008.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGC7zm
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »
The Zero sure knows how to pick them doesn't he?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »
White House Calls ACORN Employees' Behavior 'Unacceptable'