Author Topic: U.S. pulling out of ‘Durban II’ conference  (Read 920 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
U.S. pulling out of ‘Durban II’ conference
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The Obama administration has decided to boycott the so-called Durban II conference out of concerns for anti-Semitism.

Multiple sources on a conference call with the White House on Friday told JTA that the Obama administration had opted not to attend any further preparatory meetings ahead of the planned U.N. conference against racism in Geneva in April.

The conference reprises the 2001 conference in Durban, South Africa that devolved into an anti-Jewish free-for-all. Canada and Israel have opted not to attend the conference, and some U.S. Jewish groups had been pressing the United States to do the same.

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/02/27/1003341/us-pulling-out-of-durban

So Obama's decided not to throw the Jews under the bus.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: U.S. pulling out of ‘Durban II’ conference
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
Well, if he can't throw them under the bus right now, I'm sure another oppertunity will come.  It just needs to be hidden, like maybe another earmark-non-earmark in some panic legislation that is up and coming.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Airwolf

Re: U.S. pulling out of ‘Durban II’ conference
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »
There is always time and there is always plenty of room under Barry Big Ears bus
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"