Author Topic: Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick  (Read 1205 times)

Offline cavegal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/report-quanis-phillips-was-shot-after-confronatation-with-vick/ 

The news that a man was shot at a 30th birthday party for Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has taken a twist, with reports that Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the infamous dogfighting case that landed Vick in prison, was the victim in the shooting -- and that he was shot after a confrontation with Vick.

The Daily Press of Hampton Roads (Va.) reports that a spokesman for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital confirmed that Phillips was admitted early this morning and was listed in good condition.

A spokesman for Virginia Beach police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. ET after a fight broke out at the club where Vick was having a birthday party, just as the club was closing.

According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dogfighting co-defendants.

Squires writes that there was a confrontation between Phillips and Vick inside the party, that the confrontation then moved outside, and that's when Phillips was shot.

Vick's lawyer, Larry Woodward, says Vick was not involved and was not present when the shooting occurred.

According to the Daily Press report, there were witnesses who "don't want it to be known if they were witnesses."  Police say the victim and witnesses were uncooperative.

In 2004, Vick was present when Phillips allegedly stole a Rolex watch from an airport X-ray be
Yo  dog Happy Birthday...Bang...don't call me dog!!!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 07:29:31 AM »
Sounds as if the Iggles got rid of the wrong guy.  Where'd McNabb go?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »
You can take the thug outta the hood...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
While the headline is factually correct, it is misleading in its original inception. I thought at first that Vick was the shooter, but apparently he had nothing to do with it.

Not commenting on the appropriateness of the event itself, but the actual alleged crime.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
What the Hell is this fumbduck even doing in a club for any reason?   Sheeze, uh hello, good things NEVER happen in a club at 2:00 am or in the parking lot.

:censored: