Author Topic: Elitists  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Elitists
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
This is exactly the attitude that will keep the Prophet out of the White House, thanks to the common folk.

Elitists

I'm so sick and tired of the elitist, arrogant, snobbish, "let them eat cake" attitude of the liberals in this country when it comes to the price of gasoline.

They sit in their ivory towers and say, "Let the price go higher and higher, it will force people to conserve, to drive less, to buy more fuel efficient cars, make them use public transportation, to turn their thermostat up in the summer and down in the winter".

Well Mr. Know-It-All, what about people who have to drive twenty-five miles to work every day? How are you going to shrink the distance so they can use less gas?

What about people who can't afford to buy a new car whether it uses less fuel or not? What if they're driving some old clunker that just barely gets them where they're going? Are you going to make their car payments for them?

What about the people who live where there is no public transportation? Around my place there are two modes of transportation, you can use some conveyance or you can walk.

What about when your kids start shivering or sweating? Do you expect people to adjust their thermostats to make their families comfortable or to comply with your idealistic standards? People don't care much for political correctness when there's a sick baby in the house.

And no matter what the ordinary citizens of this country do, Al Gore and Barack Obama are still going to travel in private jets, using more fuel and leaving a bigger carbon footprint in one day than most families will leave in a year.

And apparently, Obama doesn't think high gas prices are a bad thing. His only concern was that we got to $4 a gallon much quicker than the "gradual increase" he would have preferred. Maybe he thinks we would have accepted the increase willingly had it taken longer. Kind of like a frog that will jump out of a boiling pot of water, but will stay and get cooked if the water slowly rises to a boil.

I'm literally sick of the, "do as I say, not as I do", attitude of these elitist snobs. In essence, they want us to make up for the pollution they pour into the air from their Lear Jets and Gulfstreams.

They want us to peddle bicycles around while they ride in limousines.

They want us to pick up the carbon tab for their excessive living and we're supposed to accept it without a whimper because, after all, they're more important than us. We are the serfs, the peons, the pawns who should follow their sage advice like a herd of sheep, because they know better than us.

Well let me tell you something you bunch of stuck up, egotistical, overbearing, self-deceiving puffed-up clabberheads…First of all, lead by example. Al Gore, go and buy yourself a Yugo, start chopping wood and move into a cement block house. Trade your jet in for a moped. Get on down here and get your hands dirty with everybody else.

Until then, do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: Elitists
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
Some things are self evident: Liberals are the root of all evil. They are elitist hypocrites who place their pagan earth worshiping hippie commie agendas over the wellbeing of America and her citizens.
They should be hung for treason.

Time to write another letter to the editor.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:31:51 PM »
The liberals won't be happy until they have the classes of people well marked and divided. The paupers and the hierarchy.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:00:33 PM »
The liberals won't be happy until they have the classes of people well marked and divided. The paupers and the hierarchy.
That IS the liberal agenda.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.