Author Topic: 03-02 Texas primary live thread  (Read 6201 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: 03-02 Texas primary live thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 08:19:09 AM »
We need to replace every GOP Senator and half our House members.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
Iassa, I will bet you anything that KBH comes out now saying she's going to go ahead and finish her term, which is for two more years till 2012. She had previously said that she was resigning and coming back to Texas regardless of the election outcome, win or lose. But y'all know she won't give up the power. She'll decide to stay up there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »
The Dallas Morning News is one of the worst newspapers in America.

I wrote them a letter.

I haven't picked up a newspaper in months before I noticed my brother-in-law had bought one at the store. So I decided to give it a peek and  what do I find out? That the anti-Christian bigot who quotes Karl Marx and crashed a plane into the IRS building (page 3A) is still being mentioned in the same stories as the TEA parties despite this "link" being thoroughly discredited by even the most cursory examination of the mans "manifesto".

On Page 5, we find that the DMN doesn't understand the difference between a filibuster and not having unanimous consent. Senator Bunning did NOT delay or block anything. He simply refused to go along with the charade of the "paygo" law that they violated. All Jim Bunning did was not to allow it to pass without a recorded vote. The Democrat leaders could have brought it up and passed it within hours but they knew that the reliably leftwing press would do their PR for them and make it sound like a Republican was stopping people from getting benefits or whatever. Very typical.

Then on page 13A I find out that according the fools who write and edit the Dallas Morning Snooze the TEA Party has fizzled, even though these writers apparently have no idea what the TEA Party movement is. I'm still laughing at the assinine reporting I found in your lousy left-wing rag.

Hours later I was bored enough to look at the editorials and man was that ever humorous. Page 20A. "A Lukewarm TEA Party", again the author clearly has no idea what the TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party movement is. You must realize that Debra Medina blew up her own campaign by refusing to rule out the idea that our own government took down the World Trade Center, among other things. She showed herself to be on the kook fringe, shared with leftist Farouk Shami. The TEA Party doesn't go for Alex Jones conspiracy theories.

Sure the Ron Paul wacko's try to claim the TEA Party mantle but they are not the movement. It is abundantly clear that the liberal media in this country has become so biased it no longer even pretends to know what its talking about. You have failed to be journalists every single day with these lies and distortions.

You can't go out of business fast enough!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
Iassa, I will bet you anything that KBH comes out now saying she's going to go ahead and finish her term, which is for two more years till 2012. She had previously said that she was resigning and coming back to Texas regardless of the election outcome, win or lose. But y'all know she won't give up the power. She'll decide to stay up there.

Amazing.  For all these years everyone forgot what happened in 93.  Crooked little ding dong.   :banghead:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent