Interests > Christian Fellowship

Diary from Bible College

<< < (39/39)

ColonelCarrots:

--- Quote from: dutch508 on December 05, 2014, 01:26:52 AM ---Because all these can be taught with Christian priciples foremost in mind. Also, the kids enjoy the special day with toys first, then as they grow understanding that giving is better than receiving. Santa Claus is a symbol of St Nicholas. The day sybolizes the birth of Christ, the giving of gifts the gifts of the three wize men to Jesus, the gife of salvation to all from God.
Easter is the death and rebirth of Jesus, and through him all of us. The bunny symbolizes the innocent life of Christ and his bringing us the gift of eternal life (while providing proof of God's favor to Bunnies and chocolate). Tooth fairy? ****. Got me.

--- End quote ---

That's the thing about those figures today. No one teaches the principles anymore, nor did I know there were principles other than Santa Claus was a man that dropped off presents to good little boys and girls.  I'd rather teach the truth about the holidays than allegorical Jesus bunnies.

My direct approach may be better with the religious condition of the world being on the downslope. These figures are not allegories for something biblical anymore, but are entities of their own that have their own image.

vesta111:

--- Quote from: ColonelCarrots on December 05, 2014, 07:28:01 AM ---That's the thing about those figures today. No one teaches the principles anymore, nor did I know there were principles other than Santa Claus was a man that dropped off presents to good little boys and girls.  I'd rather teach the truth about the holidays than allegorical Jesus bunnies.

My direct approach may be better with the religious condition of the world being on the downslope. These figures are not allegories for something biblical anymore, but are entities of their own that have their own image.

--- End quote ---

Oh Blunderbuss ,  I see no problem with the very young 2-4 believing in Santa or the tooth fairy, it is a once in in a life time for them.          They outgrow that time but, when they hit 70 will still remember as they look at the grand kids and the wonder in their eyes and excitement how they felt all those years ago finding a quarter under the pillow.

The excitement of Christmas, the food cooking, the tree being brought in and decorated and the one or two packages with their name on it. The Midnight Mass and family coming in one sees just twice a year.

ColonelCarrots:

--- Quote from: vesta111 on December 06, 2014, 12:52:39 PM ---Oh Blunderbuss ,  I see no problem with the very young 2-4 believing in Santa or the tooth fairy, it is a once in in a life time for them.          They outgrow that time but, when they hit 70 will still remember as they look at the grand kids and the wonder in their eyes and excitement how they felt all those years ago finding a quarter under the pillow.

The excitement of Christmas, the food cooking, the tree being brought in and decorated and the one or two packages with their name on it. The Midnight Mass and family coming in one sees just twice a year

--- End quote ---
I still wouldn't.

I'll teach my kids about Michelle "Krampus" Obama, and how she took delicious food from families.

ColonelCarrots:
Greek Vocab Final: 97

Hermeneutics Final: 94

Only have Greek content and ASL finals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version