Author Topic: Obama Camp Claims 'Wide, Wide Lead' as Clinton Scrambles to Rebound  (Read 2171 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

Barack Obama’s campaign claimed Wednesday that the race for the Democratic nomination is not even close anymore as the Illinois senator used his twin victories in Wisconsin and Hawaii to reinforce his status as front-runner.

With 10 straight victories under Obama’s belt, campaign manager David Plouffe said he has amassed a lead of 159 pledged delegates over Hillary Clinton and described any contention that the race remains close as “lunacy.”

“This is a wide, wide lead,” he said.

Clinton enters her must-win contests in Ohio and Texas in early March wounded but she’s scouring for ways to better her odds.

The New York senator kicked off what her campaign had billed as a major speech Wednesday morning in New York City by hammering Obama for his reputation as an eloquent and rousing public speaker, casting the election as a choice between “speeches and solutions.”

“It’s time we moved from good words to good works, from sound bites to sound solutions,” she said. “Americans have a choice in this election and that choice matters. … While words matter greatly, the best words in the world aren’t enough unless you match them with action.”

link

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Obama Camp Claims 'Wide, Wide Lead' as Clinton Scrambles to Rebound
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 12:42:23 PM »
Well she's right. The empty rhetoric gets us nowhere. Too bad her plans suck too.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »
more on the same story

Barack Obama's campaign, riding a wave of 10 straight victories in the contest for the Democratic nomination after wins in Wisconsin and Hawaii, today urged Hillary Clinton to bow to the inevitable and accept defeat.

Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, dismissed her camp's hopes of making a comeback when the power states of Texas and Ohio hold their primaries on March 4, and said Clinton would be unable to bridge a widening gap in delegates.

"This is a wide, wide lead right now," Plouffe said in a conference call with reporters. "The Clinton campaign keeps saying the race is essentially tied. That's just lunacy."

link
They are trying to drive Hillary insane.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
HillBilly's getting desperate. She's begging harder and harder than normal.

Dear David,
Help win on March 4 in Ohio and Texas

Here's what you need to know this morning. We were outspent in Wisconsin by a 4 to 1 margin on ads -- and we can't let that happen on March 4.

If we want to win in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Vermont, we've got to even the odds. We can't let the Obama campaign overwhelm us financially. Today, I am calling on you and other online supporters to act together, making sure we have the resources to create a fair, level playing field on March 4.

In the last few weeks, thousands upon thousands of people have contributed to my campaign. With so many people acting together, any donation you make today -- even as little as $5 -- makes a difference.

Contribute $5 now to help us level the playing field.

Let this remarkable two-person contest for the Democratic nomination be determined by the strength of our ideas, the quality of our leadership, or the depth of our experience. But whatever you do, don't let the outcome of these crucial March 4 contests be decided by a lopsided spending advantage for the Obama campaign.

Only you -- our incredible online community -- can act quickly and decisively enough to create a level playing field. And with everything on the line, that's exactly what I'm asking you to do.

We're putting everything on the line. Contribute $5 now.

There are just two weeks left before voters go to the polls in one of the most crucial days of voting yet. We must make sure we can hold our own against an avalanche of Obama TV ads, direct mail, phone calls, and online advertising.

I have total confidence that, as long as we have the resources to compete, March 4 will be a day of dramatic victories for our campaign. Let's make it happen.

Thanks,

Hillary
Hillary Rodham Clinton

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
HillBilly's getting desperate. She's begging harder and harder than normal.

Dear David,
Help win on March 4 in Ohio and Texas

Here's what you need to know this morning. We were outspent in Wisconsin by a 4 to 1 margin on ads -- and we can't let that happen on March 4.

If we want to win in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Vermont, we've got to even the odds. We can't let the Obama campaign overwhelm us financially. Today, I am calling on you and other online supporters to act together, making sure we have the resources to create a fair, level playing field on March 4.

In the last few weeks, thousands upon thousands of people have contributed to my campaign. With so many people acting together, any donation you make today -- even as little as $5 -- makes a difference.

Contribute $5 now to help us level the playing field.

Let this remarkable two-person contest for the Democratic nomination be determined by the strength of our ideas, the quality of our leadership, or the depth of our experience. But whatever you do, don't let the outcome of these crucial March 4 contests be decided by a lopsided spending advantage for the Obama campaign.

Only you -- our incredible online community -- can act quickly and decisively enough to create a level playing field. And with everything on the line, that's exactly what I'm asking you to do.

We're putting everything on the line. Contribute $5 now.

There are just two weeks left before voters go to the polls in one of the most crucial days of voting yet. We must make sure we can hold our own against an avalanche of Obama TV ads, direct mail, phone calls, and online advertising.

I have total confidence that, as long as we have the resources to compete, March 4 will be a day of dramatic victories for our campaign. Let's make it happen.

Thanks,

Hillary
Hillary Rodham Clinton

That woman has no freaking shame. "Level the Playing Field?"  WTF??  That term means that one side has an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE given to them.  Billary had the MSM carrying her water, almost all the celebs, and had a big head start in campaigning -- years.  And now she is claiming things are unfairly stacked against her???  My God, talk about Chutzpah!

Mind you, I am no hussein fan -- far from it -- but jeeze this woman can't even tell the truth when it is plain writing to her own supporters!!!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »
The Clintons have something up their sleeves, bet on it. There is no way they are going to allow Obama/Osama to steal what Hillary feels is rightfully hers...the convention should be a riot, literally.... :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
The Clintons have something up their sleeves, bet on it. There is no way they are going to allow Obama/Osama to steal what Hillary feels is rightfully hers...the convention should be a riot, literally.... :lmao:

I will wager real money that bill is already working the back channels, twisting arms into pretzels.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »
She slipped up earlier today and said "When I'm president...instead of "if" hehehe

She also said in the Wisconsin?? speech that she's pledging $30 billion dollars to help the economy. Apparently she's going to hire Harry Potter cuz I don't know how she plans on "reving" the economy and keeping people from foreclosure without some magic. Or in Dem land...taxes. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle