Author Topic: Limbaugh to possibly buy the St. Louis Rams?!  (Read 645 times)

Offline djones520

Limbaugh to possibly buy the St. Louis Rams?!
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:09:09 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6725332

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/...

Rush Limbaugh's pursuit of the St. Louis Rams' ownership is not being met warmly.

Two former NFL players, Keenan McCardell and Roman Oben, said Wednesday that if Limbaugh's group acquires the Rams, the team would have trouble attracting black players in free agency.

"Rush Limbaugh would definitely hurt the St. Louis Rams if he bought the team," McCardell wrote in the Washington Post.

"If I were a free agent it would be really hard for me to want to play for him."

(more at link above)

I Think this is Rush's ultimate Dream... the opportunity for him to "own" a group of black guys. I really think that this would be disastorous for the Rams (and frankly, how much worse can it get for them)... I hope the pig takes his billions and goes elsewhere.

As usual, Adbot has the best post of the bunch.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chump

Re: Limbaugh to possibly buy the St. Louis Rams?!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
The Rams are lucky to even have anyone interested in owning them, honestly.  No offense to any Rams fans out there; you know your team sucks better than I do.

Keep screaming racism DUmmies.  I can't even muster a yawn anymore.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:17:12 AM »
Yep,a black or white person is going to turn down an NFL salary and career over politics. ::)

Even if they hate him with demonic fury they will do what libs do...cash in and then complain later as they deposit the check.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:52 AM »
Once again in yet another new way teh DUmmies peel back the curtain and reveal their totolarian core for the rest of us to see.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »
Fla Dem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-08-09 09:47 AM
Response to Original message
1. My 1st thought...no way black players would like Limbaugh as owner.
 He of the infamous " Barack the Magic Negro" and other disparaging remarks he makes about minor ties. I would be really surprised if the NFL approves Limbaugh based on his obvious contempt of African-Americans.

Ahem...

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story

Now, go find me public record of the usage of that phrase prior to the date listed in the story, DUmpmonkey.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »
The Rams are lucky to even have anyone interested in owning them, honestly.

Must have been a low-ball offer