Author Topic: Then, SUDDENLY they were leery of government regulation...  (Read 470 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Then, SUDDENLY they were leery of government regulation...
« on: August 06, 2021, 04:54:30 PM »
niyad (78,982 posts)

Can somebody here from FL tell me how a governor can forbid telemedicine?

Does any other state do that?

underpants (163,784 posts)

1. Hold it. Whaaat??

Response to underpants (Reply #1)Fri Aug 6, 2021, 04:44 PM
Star Member niyad (78,982 posts)

5. One of our DU family was telling us earlier about how her/his doctors, are no longer allowed to do telemedicine, per deathsentence's orders.

relayerbob (3,599 posts)

3. I had that same question

Seems to me that, at worst, is an issue for insurance companies, not the state. But, FREEDUMB!

You denigrate freedom, but want this to be a private sector issue.

Do these people ever think before they post, or is it all just Pavlovian reflex?

dweller (19,035 posts)

4. There was an exec order to allow telehealth

that desatan let expire
“After being renewed several times, the executive order relaxing telehealth rules expired a few weeks ago.“

It's buried in this article
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/patient-frustrated-over-changes-to-telehealth-services-after-state-executive-order-expires

Paging Miss Emily Litella.

niyad (78,982 posts)

6. Why is this even within the governor's purview?

Because that is what ewe people have been demanding since FDR.

liberal_mama (642 posts)

7. Is he purposely trying to kill people? I know several people who believe they were infected at their

doctor's office. Telemedicine would be a very good thing in Florida right now.

You people believe lots of shit, like: Biden won, pee tapes exist, and you're smart.

abqtommy (10,914 posts)

8. This is a Fascist tactic. If they get away with it they'll continue so let's stop him/them NOW!

Well, what else could it possibly be?  ::)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215708322
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Re: Then, SUDDENLY they were leery of government regulation...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 05:06:03 PM »
Searching "telemedicine in florida", the third item in DDG's results list is https://www.flhealthsource.gov/telehealth/

Florida Telehealth
During the 2019 legislative session, Florida passed Chapter 2019-137 (link), Laws of Florida, which establishes standards of practice for telehealth services, including patient evaluations, record-keeping, and controlled substances prescribing. The law also authorizes out-of-state health care practitioners to perform telehealth services for patients in Florida. Signed by the Governor on June 25, 2019, this law became effective on July 1, 2019.

Out-of-state health care practitioners must be registered with the Florida Department of Health to perform telehealth services for patients in Florida. To complete the application for registration, click the link labeled "Documents" at the bottom of the homepage. The out-of-state telehealth provider registration is for health care practitioners licensed outside of Florida ONLY. Florida licensees can already provide telehealth services to patients in Florida that they can treat in person.

Online Telehealth Applications - Please go to MQA Online Services (link) to see if your profession application is online.

For questions, contact the Florida Department of Health (link)

Telemedicine not only is not forbidden in Florida, it is expressly permitted. Now, 900-number psychic readings by Miss Cleo might not qualify, but :rotf:  :tongue: .

Like frank says, DUmmies lie all the time and all the time DUmmies lie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 05:25:27 PM »
Response to abqtommy (Reply #8)Fri Aug 6, 2021, 06:13 PM
Zeitghost (251 posts)
17. It's odd

That you find the expiration of an executive order to be fascist. If anything, rule through executive order is much closer to fascism than our normal legislative process.
Emergency powers are great in the short term, but we are far too deep into this thing and elected legislative bodies need to do their jobs and create laws to deal with the problems we face.

I couldn't've said it better myself.  Sounds like something that someone from here might say.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:48:52 PM »
This reeks of when Romney ran for President and crazy eyed loons in the media/Democrat party (but I repeat myself) insisted Mittens would ban all birth control.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
Talk about cognitive dissonance. :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 07:20:45 PM »
Zeitghost? :lmao:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 07:52:09 PM »
Zeitghost? :lmao:
And only 251 posts...
What's up with that???  :confused:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »
They're all for regulation...

...unless it's regulating, say, who is allowed into the country.