Author Topic: Proglodytes still unclear on what constitutes a "DREAMer"  (Read 1479 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodytes still unclear on what constitutes a "DREAMer"
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:53:08 AM »
OhNo-Really (283 posts)

Are You Feeling Dreamers' Terror Too?

Would really appreciate hearing from you all.

Maybe I'm too empathetic, but I am literally experiencing increased blood pressure and anxiety symptoms.

I can't help putting myself in the shoes of a mother or father worrying 24/7 about being ripped from their life, their homes, their children, their friends, their entire self-identity and treated like a criminal whisked away in an ICE van to a jail-like facility with the sounds of my wailing spouse and children fading in the distance.

[They are criminals. That is why they are subject to arrest, imprisonment and deportation.]

I can imagine the explosion of repulsion and anger towards ICE employees/parents willing to do this to me and my family as I exit a plane in another country.

Good grief we invited Dreamers to come out of the shaddows and register. Promises were made.

I will be honest. My reaction to that invitation was "Holy crap, the Feds will know where they and their families live, it could be a trap."

Can you imagine the pain and anxiety Dreamers and their families are enduring this month?

But you and I won't be scooped up like poop and tossed across our border like a sack of trash.

Not today. We are US citizens.

But what is there to guarantee it won't happen in the future when ICE runs out of immigrants?

Perhaps I or my offspring will be targeted like Chinese relatives and friends of the "outspoken" are today. Perhaps my great-grandchild will have to toil at menial labor as punishment because I was an outspoken empathizer.

The sins of parents have been visited on their progeny in the past, and are today in China.

This is what a 21st century Chinese State looks like, from Buzzfeed
https://www.buzzfeed.com/meghara/the-police-state-of-the-future-is-already-here?utm_term=.ewaEAenBe#.khOMeP9LP

Every day the Trump Administration and Congress assault our country and what it has stood for in new ways.

Are they daring us to stand up?

DO WE DARE TO STAND UP? I'm not sure we do, and there lies our fate.

The ball is in our court. What will we do?

Nevernose (12,626 posts)
3. Im literally in a room full of Dreamers

The Latino Student club is meeting. Most of them are either citizens or here legally, [those aren't DREAMers, those are citizens and resident aliens] but they’re all underage. They’re still making plans for the immediate and far future. Potluck next weekend, conference this summer, college and careers after that.

Trump mentions MS13. I’m sitting here and listening to a 17 year old immigrant telling us that she’s been provisionally accepted to Harvard and giving advice to other poor immigrants who want to go to fancy-pants universities. Now they’ve moved on to establishing a tutoring program for recent elementary aged immigrant kids at a nearby elementary school.

This is absolutely the BEST America has to offer. There is nothing more that could be expected from teenagers anywhere. Hearing Trump and the GOP speak about them like they do, such ignorance. Painful, hurtful ignorance. I think when they leave I’m going to cry a little bit.

OhNo-Really (283 posts)
32. I like idea of "Save the Dreamers" rallies where

Citizens surround dreamers so they can be wisked off to safe houses.

An underground railroady type of movement.

Until DC gets their act together.

By your own admissions you idiots can't feed and house yourselves. How do you hope to feed and house millions of illegals?

Demsrule86 (19,925 posts)
33. We have to do something...whisk them off to safe houses sounds good.

To effectively keep them imprisoned when they could freely live their lives in their home nations.

You don't want to be a hero. You want a purse puppy.

american_ideals (379 posts)
27. Hell NO. ANGER. Extreme ANGER at GOP for damaging American values

This is a country of immigrants. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

And the GOP hates immigrants because immigrants vote Dem. If they can kick out immigrants the GOP can hold on to power - and to a majority-white America - for another ten years.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/18/16897358/racism-donald-trump-immigration

Resist. Organize. Vote. Elect a Dem House in 2018 and fix the country.

Calm down before you get yourself hurt.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210196793
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Proglodytes still unclear on what constitutes a "DREAMer"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:39 AM »
Illegals over citizens,that is a sure winner in the heartland.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:24:51 AM »
I would really like to see the House, Senate and POTUS draft, support and pass a bill making the knowing support of any illegal a Federal felony, then you get a room at the grey bar inn and lose you voting rights.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
Illegals over citizens,that is a sure winner in the heartland.

I am sure that will be the consistent storyline for the next government shutdown.  It was muddled in the last one.  It should be clear as a bell for this one.

But never underestimate the GOP to screw up something that can't be screwed up.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »
I can't help putting myself in the shoes of a mother or father worrying 24/7 about being ripped from their life, their homes, their children, their friends, their entire self-identity and treated like a criminal whisked away in an ICE van to a jail-like facility with the sounds of my wailing spouse and children fading in the distance.
The rest of the family is free to go back to their home country with the person being deported.  Actions have consequences.  Break the law, suffer the consequences.
american_ideals (379 posts)
27. Hell NO. ANGER. Extreme ANGER at GOP for damaging American values

This is a country of immigrants. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

One of our main values is to follow the laws of the land.  Something illegal aliens don't do.

And yes, we are a country of immigrants, but we are a country of legal immigrants, not open to just anyone who wants to come here, not assimilate and then demand we give them everything and try to make this country like their homeland.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:33:56 AM »
And yet we're bombarded with tales from the leftist news about how O'bama deported more illegals than Trump has.  The only time they like to report that is when Trump is getting a poll bump for talking about getting these people out of the country and building the wall.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »
Demsrule86 (19,925 posts)
33. We have to do something...whisk them off to safe houses sounds good.

There is that We word again. DUmmy Demsrule86 is all bark, no bite. A perfect template for the left.

Thank God.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17