Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Dead Ted As An Astronomical, Astrological Gaseous Giant  (Read 347 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
omega minimo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 12:16 AM
Original message
Caroline Kennedy: "I know it was Jupiter, but it was acting a lot like Teddy...." 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGv-TuWXS0U
Of the ten "standard" planetary bodies used in astrology, eight go retrograde. Only the Sun and Moon are consistently in direct(ed) motion. If they weren’t always direct, that would give us all sorts of interesting (and possibly disastrous) opportunities to at least go back in time. If the Sun or Moon ever shifted into reverse, that would probably come with a whole warpage and turning inside out of some time constants we all actually rather rely on.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6416319

That first paragraph should give you a taste of the incredibly silly astrological hog shit that uses up scads of otherwise innocent bytes in this original post. Suffice to say, I'm skipping several hundred words of meaningless goofiness. I read them, so you don't have to.

We’re going to leave aside matters of asteroids, TNOs, dwarf planets, centaurs and the rest of all that because we’re discussing only basic symbols. So between the personal and transpersonal, what remains? Answer: Jupiter and Saturn—the generational pair.
It's hard to imagine how excruciating this post would be if we didn't leave aside matters of asteroids, TNOs, etc.

Caroline, you know, apparently compared Dead Ted, you know, with, you know, Jupiter. Since Jupiter, you know,  is often referred to as a gaseous giant, you know, the comparison is appropos.
So after skipping another few hundred words, we can cut to the Jovian chase:
Although people tend to loathe Saturn (with a most un-Saturnine passion), without Saturn, Jupiter would just be a happy time which wouldn’t last. Or a flash in the pan which wouldn’t go anywhere. Yet without Jupiterian energetics, life would be stultifying. One big yawn. It’d be more of "more of the same," and in time, diminish—because life requires growth. Without renewal and growth all we can do is spend what we have. And when that’s all gone we’re broke and broken, leading to a slow decline of life, vitality or usefulness.

I have always loathed Saturn, but now I'm starting to feel some appreciation. And Jupiterian energetics rock!

Odin2005  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 12:26 AM
1. Astrology is all confirmation bias and nothing more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjective_validation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 12:38 AM
2. Astrology is all around us. 
When that particularly intense moment occurs for you and you look up at the sky and you feel as Caroline did
The need to discredit and discount such a common human experience seems really silly right now, doesn't it?

Odin2005  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 12:48 AM
3. Maybe it;s my Asperger's, but I just don't get it.
I didn't have the compulsion to wax poetic about pseudo-scientific nonsense when my stepdad died.  I had more (literally) down to Earth thoughts, like how my niece and my stepdad's mom and siblings was taking it.

Dammit,  DUmmy Odin2005! You were scoring some points and then had to bring up your mental illness!

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 12:52 AM
5. Did you watch the video? 
Of her tribute to her uncle? And that moment when they walked outside and saw Jupiter? What that felt like?
It felt like when Dennis The Kootch went outside at Shirley MacLaine's house and saw the flying saucer.

Odin2005  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 12:55 AM
6. Yes.
But what does that have to do with astrological mumbo-jumbo? 

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 01:02 AM
14. You are welcome to leave, since you have nothing to offer.

HiFructosePronSyrup  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 12:57 AM
7. Ha ha ha. Oh wow

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 12:59 AM
10. You got nothing to say? 

HiFructosePronSyrup  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 01:00 AM
12. I could point out all the scientific fallacies.
Would you like me to?

Tx4obama  (920 posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 12:57 AM
8. I just wish that early on Caroline had had a person to coach her on giving speeches.
She has admitted several times that she gets nervous speaking in front of a crowd and it shows.
She is such a lovely person with such a good heart AND A BRAIN and I think if she was a better speaker than she might have gotten that New York senate seat.

I think that the Kennedy era has NOT ended.
There will be the changing of the guard from the old generation to the new, but the Kennedys will not be going anywhere.

There are many already in the spotlight and I am sure we will be hearing more from them since they are all still young...

Joseph Patrick (the ex-congressman MA U.S. House of Representatives)
Robert Jr. (lawyer, environmentalist, on news/talk shows often)
Patrick (RI - U.S. House of Representatives)
Kathleen (ex-Lieutenant Governor of Maryland)
Caroline
Rory (award-winning documentary filmmaker and producer)
and what's up with Robert Kennedy youngest son Douglas Kennedy working for FoxNews? That is just so hard to believe!!!
Not many stars there, DUmmy Tx4obama! The name may win a few elections in the People's Republic, though, if they don't OD first.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: DUmmies Discuss Dead Ted As An Astronomical, Astrological Gaseous Giant
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
Suffice to say, I'm skipping several hundred words of meaningless goofiness. I read them, so you don't have to.

Thanks for that.  It's hard to believe there are people stupid enough to put credence in that mumbo-jumbo, and an unfortunate but fundamental weakness of democracy that their votes count as much as those of sane people.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.