Author Topic: Here is an unnerving article with a VERY scary ending (as in "legalized murder o  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029241759

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 01:40 AM

Star Member DFW (24,296 posts)

Here is an unnerving article with a VERY scary ending (as in "legalized murder of Democrats").

The one one incident is bad enough:
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/not-racist-member-of-white-privilege-club-tries-to-run-over-trumpcare-protesters-with-motorcycle/

But the last sentence is deserving of a complete story in itself:

"Republican lawmakers in several states, including North Carolina, North Dakota and Tennessee, have introduced legislation to protect drivers from civil liability if they hit protesters with vehicles."

WTF?????

So, if you want to run over and/or kill a protester with a vehicle in NC, ND or TN, it's fine and dandy as long as it can be determined they were protesting something. Why don't Republicans just issue Confederate uniforms and paint the stars and bars on the vehicle doors while they're at it?

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I've already decided if I run up on these folks on the interstate I WILL drive through them.  I will go slowly because I don't want to hurt anyone, but they are not going to impede my progress.  If they start beating on my car, I will show them I'm armed.  If they persist and get more agitated, I will have no recourse but to either hit the throttle a little harder, or shoot someone if I feel my life is in jeopardy.  It's that simple. 

Response to DFW (Original post)

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 01:45 AM

NanceGreggs (22,545 posts)

1. As if further proof was needed ...

... that the insane inmates are running the asylum. 

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 01:50 AM

4. Indeed

So THIS is how Republicans feel they need to be able to get their point across.

It doesn't seem like they have a lot of confidence in traditional ways of persuasion, like peaceful discussion, for example.

Uh, Mark, these people don't want to talk.  If they did, they wouldn't be blocking an interstate, or any other public street, for that matter.  If you get out of your car to 'talk' to these people, you better be armed and prepared to shoot or you're going to get your ass kicked by about 30 people and left for dead.

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 02:35 AM

Star Member BadgerMom (464 posts)

7. Injure people whose health care has been taken away.

Sure. Why not? Tell me again how much they love the Constitution. 

OMG, these people are stupid.  Ok, 'BadgerMom', please show me where ANY of this is in the Constitution of the US.  Please.

Response to All-In (Reply #10)

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 04:54 AM

Star Member Bear Creek (437 posts)

14. Cars

GOPers have ginormous trucks and suvs. The democrats have economy cars.
So now they are legitimizing terror acts to use against a constitutional right? 

Again, show me in the Constitution where you have a right to block my freedom of movement in a public area.  Please.  You have a right to protest, so do that, just don't get in my way and there won't be any trouble.  See how easy that is?

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 07:27 AM

Star Member brooklynite (38,574 posts)

15. Actually, no it doesn't endorse "murder of Democrats"...

This is about CIVIL liability. It is still a CRIME to intentionally kill or injure someone, in a car or otherwise.

The argument here is that protestors blocking an operational roadway cannot make a legal claim if there's an accident with a car legally and responsibly operating on the road.

I am a First Amendment absolutist, but I continue to think that blocking roadways, which affects people NOT involved in the dispute being protested, is a stupid way to send a message.

A voice of sanity?  Wow.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #15)

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 09:54 AM

22. Actually, I agree with the last part about inconveniencing like-minded people

I have to contend with it all the time over here, especially in France and Belgium and it drives me nuts.

However, removing the civil liability removes, in my opinion, a good part of the inhibition to attempt not to injure someone, which is why I see it as a very thinly veiled sanction to injure whom someone sees fit. In such states, law enforcement is always disinclined to prosecute someone for doing something they would have been glad to do themselves. The threat of a civil suit was the last "but what if" barrier to open season.

2 Things, Mark.  He didn't say anything about 'Like Minded People', nice try though, and you STILL don't have a right to impede my progress.  Step in front of my Ram, or even my Harley, and you probably won't like what I do next.  Then again, I'm in Texas and you probably know how that stuff works around here ...

Don't know if this thread will grow or not, I just thought it needed to be highlighted.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Beds are for lying down, roads are for driving. WTF don't they understand? :hammer: :mental:

If I am driving and you are protesting and blocking the road you WILL get run over.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

So, if you want to run over and/or kill a protester with a vehicle in NC, ND or TN, it's fine and dandy as long as it can be determined they were protesting something.

Don't play on the freeway and you won't get kilt. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals

It's obvious that one of their (many) problems stems from bad parenting.
They were never told to not play in the street.  Whether this was intentional or oversight is unknown.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Fri Jun 23, 2017, 01:40 AM

Here is an unnerving article with a VERY scary ending (as in "legalized murder of Democrats").

I hate it when you guys get our hopes up and then the actual story is a nothingburger.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
If they wish to run around in the street, would it be appropriate to give them some scissors,✂ or a knife? 🗡 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

Gee, several states have laws that trump :-) Libs' & Progs' tactic of putting innocent p[eople's lives on hold for their cause-du-jour? Too bad. No one is going to go Prog hunting when they hear of some sort of protest. They don't want to mess up their car or truck. OTOH, if some Progs try to hijack their lives and they decide to try to drive clear of the idiots, they aren't liable for Rachel-Corey-Grade idiots. Don't like that? Keep your protest out of streets and freeways. There is no free speech right to disrupt other people's lives deal with it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.