Author Topic: The Chad Oulson Funeral  (Read 1484 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
The Chad Oulson Funeral
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Tomorrow my wife and I will be attending the funeral of Chad Oulson, the man who was shot in the theater in Tampa last Monday. Chad was our oldest son's best friend and our son and his wife are devastated. It just breaks my heart that this young man was killed over a text message to his young daughter's babysitter. I have known for a long time that the world is a very bad place but many of the people in it seem to get worse and worse every day. Rarely does a week go by when someone doesn't go berserk and destroys the lives of everyone around him or her. Often these obscene acts are done for little or no reason. I can understand someone getting shot in a robbery or car jacking but to be murdered over a text message concerning his young daughter's welfare is just so... so senseless. It's like a bad plot from a B movie but unfortunately is is real.

Everyday this world moves a little farther out on the ledge. We get use to these stories and the next time they happen we are somewhat desensitized to them. Columbine shocked us but now hardly an eye is batted when a school shooting happens. Newtown was bad because it was first graders but the next one won't phase people too much. What's next, will someone shoot up a daycare center or an nursing home or a maternity ward? Will someone get shot in a theater because he made too much noise opening his candy bar?

Is it just me or does it seem that the farther this world removes itself from God's presence the greater the mass insanity becomes? As a nation the ethical standards get redefined downwards and the level of immoral and outrageous behavior increases. Tomorrow I will attend the funeral of a man who crossed paths with one of those  influenced by the evil times we live in and who evidently chose to act out the sick desires of his heart. He listened to the whispering of Satan's minions and now his life is forfeit and those around him are left to pick up the pieces of their lives.

I don't know what to say to Chad's family and friends to ease their grief. I don't know what to say to comfort my son and his wife. I have no words to offer the people I will meet tomorrow other than to say I am sorry and I wish the world we lived in was a more civilized place. I will pray every night for the rest of my life that one day no one will have to walk out their front door and wonder if they will ever see their loved ones again.

I was told that Chad's last words were "I can't believe..." and then he fell. Chad... neither can I.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:25:28 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: The Chad Oulson Funeral
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »
unkind of hurts here'

never know what is going to happen.

Sons best friend hung him self, the man had just been  promoted to a Good job
had a wife an a couple of kids.

His brother had a female friend that that was  a real fruit  loops, I knew her and she was
was so odd, broke into the  home to leave a note on a pillow.

The man she was after, she was an artist and drew pictures of unicorns for his kids.

Came the time the man hung his self , This woman had been spending much time out in the woods cutting woods and what not.

When we heard of the death, my parents asked me to represent them at the funeral. They had known the family for years but because of health issues could  This woman was a work of art. My son regrets to this day he did not go----but you know how it is when you are young the woman wins it all.

My son refused to attend his friends funeral  and he and she got all outraged I would do as it was only my parent who knew them.

Kids are all so malable, 

Offline longview

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem that the farther this world removes itself from God's presence the greater the mass insanity becomes?

Yes, it does to me, too.

I'm sorry for the loss of this young man.  My sympathies to all who are grieving.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »
Yes, it does to me, too.

I'm sorry for the loss of this young man.  My sympathies to all who are grieving.

What she said.  Prayers up for your people, FlaGator. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
These types of senseless killings become evermore senseless when they strike someone close to us. I also believe that this world is becoming more and more evil. And in large measure, we've become numb to all the depravity. Sincere condolences to you and yours, FlaGator.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.