Author Topic: Ex-gay mom might have child given to former partner  (Read 1214 times)

Offline jinxmchue

Ex-gay mom might have child given to former partner
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »
Go here to sign up, then watch episode #8: "Isabella."

http://www.silencingchristians.com/signup.aspx

Lisa Miller, mother of six-year-old Isabella, is scheduled to appear in Rutland Family Court in Rutland, Vermont on Monday, October 27, at 9:00 am. At this hearing, Miller will learn if she will be sent to jail for refusing to allow her former lesbian partner, Janet Jenkins, visitation with Isabella. Courts in Virginia where Lisa and Isabella live have ruled the Vermont order requiring visitation is not valid because Virginia does not recognize same-sex civil unions. Miller and Jenkins were in a civil union performed in Vermont when Isabella was born to Miller via artificial insemination. Jenkins never adopted Isabella and Miller maintains there is no legal connection between Jenkins and Isabella.

At the upcoming hearing the Vermont court may also order a change in custody. Jenkins is seeking sole legal and physical custody of Isabella. Among other issues, she claims Miller is emotionally abusing Isabella by teaching her the Biblical view of homosexuality.

Judge William D. Cohen will preside over the hearing. Pray that the judge will protect Lisa and Isabella Miller and not allow this little girl to be used as a pawn in the same-sex marriage/homosexual agenda.

If this were a man who is not the biological father of the child instead of the lesbian, there would be absolutely no question even among liberals that he had no legal right to this child.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:44:53 PM by jinxmchue »

Offline Jim

Re: Ex-gay mom might have child given to former partner
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
freaking amazing.

its become embarrassing to live in Va....
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
Now wait a minute here? I thought the left claimed that being gay wasn't a choice? How can this be? If its a choice then how can they demand same sex marriage based on that?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
Now wait a minute here? I thought the left claimed that being gay wasn't a choice? How can this be? If its a choice then how can they demand same sex marriage based on that?

stop making sense !  I'm sure she'll snap out of it any second now....

yep, any ole second now...

:cheersmate:
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

stop making sense !  I'm sure she'll snap out of it any second now....

yep, any ole second now...

:cheersmate:

yeah your right. That was crazy talk there for a moment.  :whatever:
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
If this were a man instead of the lesbian, there would be absolutely no question even among liberals that he had no legal right to this child.

The rest of that statement was unnecessary.  Liberal-dominated family courts only care about fathers when it comes time to pay child support (and, of course, when it comes to child support not being the biological father is no defense if a support order has already been issued).  Father visitatation is used only as a weapon against the father - it is not viewed to be a good thing in and of itself.

As for the father having sole or even primary custody - dream on.  The number of fathers for whom this happens is statistically insignificant.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.