Author Topic: My Own Gas Station Bouncy  (Read 583 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
My Own Gas Station Bouncy
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »
So, I was on the way home from drill last night when I pulled in for gas and a death dog w/ jalapenos. I'm still in my ACU's.

I pay for my gas and am eating my dog while pumping my gas. The next pump over a gentleman asks if I have some money for him to buy gas (figgurz!). I respond, truthfully, that I don't use cash, just the (debit) card. He says, "thanks any way."

As he's waiting for his next prospect he says he hopes I don't have to go back to Iraq. I mention casually that I haven't been yet and he re-affirms that he hopes I never have to go at all.

I reply that it's a great way to escape the wife and kids.

Apparently the joke sailed over his head because he let it go.

I then mention, truthfully, that our unit was asking for volunteers to deploy in March and they got more than they needed.

He seems mystified by this revelation and comments that Iraq isn't so bad now that things have quieted down. It must of been quite a dilemma to have to choose between acknowledging that troops volunteer to go and that Iraq is stabilizing.

But he reiterates that war is bad and nobody should have to go.

I agree with him, war is bad and the people we're fightig will never stop making war and even Iraqis want to live in peace instead of watching their families get blown-up in marketplaces.

"The people we're fighting are savages and they won't stop. They aren't like you and I."

I finish pumping my gas and he once again laments the horrors of war as I wish him good luck and leave.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline djones520

Re: My Own Gas Station Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
Make sure you watch DU for some story about how a man was trying to get gas, but some blood hungry soldier came up to him, and accosted him about joining the military, and how he couldn't wait to get back to Iraq to kill some more babies.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
You were probably most likely talking to a bonafide war hero who was simply too modest to mention he had earned 3 MOH's in Iraq just yesterday.

He was baiting you in so's he could tell ya the story then you would go to the ATM and make good on what he is still owed.

:whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »
Mmmmm, Roller Dawgs for supper on the way home from drill.  That's some goooooood eatin'!

:cheersmate:

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
That reminds me...I've got an old 5 fingers of death MRE in the wall locker.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn