Author Topic: Here Come the Death Panels, FDA De-Lists Proven Breast Cancer Rx  (Read 3340 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
From the party that insists destroying viable children is always necessary to save the lives of women we have the lives of women being sacrificed because the FDA--in direct violation of the law--de-listing a proven drug because Obama's Rationer-in-Chief, Dr Berwick believes the drug costs too much:

The FDA advisory panel has now voted 12-1 to drop the endorsement for breast cancer treatment. The panel unusually cited "effectiveness" grounds for the decision. But it has been claimed that "cost effectiveness" was the real reason ahead of reforms in which the government will extend health insurance to the poorest.

If the approval of the drug is revoked then US insurers would be likely to stop paying for Avastin.

The Avastin recommendation led to revived allegations that President Barack Obama’s overhaul of the US health care system would mean many would be denied treatments currently available.

During the debate, those opposed to the reforms cited Britain’s National Institute for Clinical Excellence, which decides whether new treatments should be made available on the NHS on the basis of cost effectiveness, as an example of the sort of drug rationing that amounted to a "death panel".

David Vitter, the Republican Senator for Louisiana, said the FDA decision amounted to rationing health care.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7948878/US-breast-cancer-drug-decision-marks-start-of-death-panels.html

To all you ladies with advanced breast cancer I'd just like to say, "Ta-ta for now."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Here Come the Death Panels, FDA De-Lists Proven Breast Cancer Rx
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »
Words fail me. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
From the party that insists destroying viable children is always necessary to save the lives of women we have the lives of women being sacrificed because the FDA--in direct violation of the law--de-listing a proven drug because Obama's Rationer-in-Chief, Dr Berwick believes the drug costs too much:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7948878/US-breast-cancer-drug-decision-marks-start-of-death-panels.html

To all you ladies with advanced breast cancer I'd just like to say, "Ta-ta for now."

yeah. My Mother gota real kick out of that.
 :bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
yeah. My Mother gota real kick out of that.
 :bird:
I do hope you understand my comment was meant as a commentary of the dismissive, dehumanizing nature of Obama & Co.'s consideration for women in need and not as a snark at the misfortunes of women so afflicted.

Perchance your comment was directed and Obama & Co.?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
I betcha the expensive drugs and long hospital stays for Aids patients will not be cut. We already spend more on Aid research than all cancer research combined. This panel and the Obama administration should be ashamed of themselves.   

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:22:01 AM »
Words fail me. 

Not me.

What a ****ing prick.... :redbird:

My grandmother and her daughter - my aunt both had breast cancer. One of my aunt's daughters, is still in the every 3 month check-up stage, from breast cancer 18 months ago.  My cousin has a sister (she has leukemia), and I have a half sister. There are 4 daughters in the next generation. My daughter has a daughter.

They are removing a drug that WORKS?!?!?!?!  :maddernhell:

Bet the son of a bitch isn't removing any drugs that are used to treat prostate cancer.

How could Obama even agree to this....supposedly, his OWN mother had breast cancer, and his grandmother died from cancer?!?!!?

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »
.....because it "costs too much"?!?!!? :loser:
How about the waste of money "stimulus" package?!?! Did that not cost about 800 billion too much?!? Also, what good did that do again?!?! ::) You stupid communists!!! I am so sick of these people. :bird: :censored: :bird: