Author Topic: Al Moss, 1932-2012  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Al Moss, 1932-2012
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
Al Moss, 1932-2012

Al Moss, the founder of Moss Motors and one of the early champions of the postwar British sports car movement in the United States, has died. He was 80. The cause of his death has not been released.

Al Moss bought his first MG, a TC, from its first owner in 1948; we photographed him in 2009 driving it through the paddock area of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca during the Monterey Historics, where he was a regular competitor. (The car was recently sold at auction.) The TC led Moss to become acquainted with a number of other British car enthusiasts in Southern California, inspiring him to open his repair shop, and shortly after, a parts business. He published his first catalog in 1961. Moss sold the company in 1977 to his longtime friend Howard Goldman, and entered into semi-retirement in Arizona, but he remained active in the world of vintage racing, and was a regular at the Monterey Historics.
Hemmings Motor News

Rest in peace.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Al Moss, 1932-2012
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
Hemmings Motor News

Rest in peace.
Roger that, I did a lot of business with them back when I had an A and a B.   I always wanted a TD or TC. Cosest I ever came was one that had had a 327 stuffed into it and needed a new frame (which Moss had BTW).   :argh:
< watch this space for coming distractions >