Author Topic: Jack Pine Radicals - Now under new management! [Manny quits]  (Read 813 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Jack Pine Radicals - Now under new management! [Manny quits]
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:43:10 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/its-been-a-helluva-run/

Marym625 (30743 posts) September 30, 2018 at 8:15 pm
 Founder
It's Been a Helluva Run!
Manny and I are stepping down. We’ll no longer be the owners of JackpineRadicals. LandofEnchantment and SoFarFromheaven invested in a portion of the site a little over a year ago. At this time, we’re handing them the entire site. They  are now the new owners.

This has been the most important thing I’ve ever done. We raised close to $28,000 for Bernie in 2016, we made sure the truth was spread, we changed minds and hearts.

We also made sure that people understand there is a choice, there is a way and that we cannot allow the powers that be to continue with their dog and pony show. We let them know that there’s more than one way. That their way is not the only way. Their way is all about, and always about, money in their pockets. That’s no longer acceptable and we had something to do with that.

We may not have always succeeded but we sure tried very hard to keep to the morality of our namesake, JackpineRadical, aka Jim Peterson. Jim was so kind, smart and never attacked people he “spoke” to.  It’s why we’ve succeeded

This is unbelievably sad and difficult for both Manny and me. But we no longer have the time to devote to the site that is needed. And yes, Manny has been around this whole time. Just because he didn’t post didn’t mean he stopped caring or stopped paying attention. He kept this joint running and those hamsters working!

Each and every one of you mean so much to me. Some of you have become close friends, people I love dearly. All of you helped cause change and I have no doubt, will continue to do so.

There are too many wonderful people here to mention each of you separately. Every member has brought something unique to this forum. Every person who fought through the fun, sometimes horror, of being a moderator or admin helped make this the best political site around. I’m grateful to you all

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention one of those dear friends who has been an admin here since day one. Area Woman. She stuck with us through thick and thin. Always fair, always thoughtful and just a beautiful person. Thank you!

As far as Manny goes, I cannot possibly say what’s in my heart. We celebrated some fantastic accomplishments, lasted through some tough times and harsh disagreements only to become closer because of it. Manny, you mean the world to me. I love you

It is with a heavy heart but with confidence in your continued work that we step aside. I know you’re in good hands.

All our love, thanks, hope and wish for peace in our time

Mary

Recommend

Of course, theres the obligatory hate thread regarding this over at the DUmp:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211246587

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Jack Pine Radicals - Now under new management! [Manny quits]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
brooklynite (45,522 posts)     Sat Oct 6, 2018, 06:31 PM

JPR: "It's Been a Helluva Run!"

Manny and I are stepping down. We’ll no longer be the owners of JackpineRadicals. LandofEnchantment and SoFarFromheaven invested in a portion of the site a little over a year ago. At this time, we’re handing them the entire site. They are now the new owners.

I gather the transition is not going smoothly.....

I think Manny needs to return home, return to Skins's island, where he truly belongs.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
Re: Jack Pine Radicals - Now under new management! [Manny quits]
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
I think Manny needs to return home, return to Skins's island, where he truly belongs.

"I remember it; Dublin in a rainstorm, ah.
Sittin' in the long grass in the summer, keepin' warm.
I remember it; every restless night;
We were so young then, everything we were doin' wrong could've been doin' right.
Every move, stolen from our very eyes, and I wonder
Where did you run to? When did the light die?
You will rise. You'll return.
Like a phoenix from the flame. You will learn.
You will rise. And I'll see you return.
Being what you are...
There is no other Troy, for you to burn."

-- Sinèad O' Connor
©1985 ASCAP/BMI