Author Topic: Oil Drops More Than $9 in 48 Hours  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Oil Drops More Than $9 in 48 Hours
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
From Yahoo! via Drudge:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080708/oil_prices.html?.v=15
"Oil tumbled more than $5 a barrel Tuesday in its second big drop this week, hurling crude back to levels not seen since June 26 as traders wary about the health of the global economy cashed in gains from oil's recent rally. Light, sweet crude for August delivery fell $5.33 to settle at $136.04, after earlier slumping as low as $135.14. The decline followed a $3.92 slide on Monday, bringing oil's two-day drop to more than $9".

Meanwhile in a totally unrelated story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25482959
"WASHINGTON - High gasoline prices have dramatically changed Americans' views on energy and the environment, with more people now viewing oil drilling and new power plants as a greater priority than energy conservation, according to a new survey".

Gee, you think Americans willingness to drill for oil is affecting the world speculative markets?

Nawwww!  :whatever:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Oil Drops More Than $9 in 48 Hours
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:12:11 PM »
If hussein wins in November, expect oil to go to $300 a barrel.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
The market knows that waking THAT sleeping dog means something.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »
Why do they call it "sweet"?

I've never tasted crude oil before...  but I somehow doubt it's actually "sweet".
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
Why do they call it "sweet"?

I've never tasted crude oil before...  but I somehow doubt it's actually "sweet".

It is called "sweet" because it requires minimum refinement to convert into some form of usable fuel....."Saudi sweet crude" is so pure that it can be used as bunker oil to fuel ships right out of the ground.......

Compared to Venezuelan "Tar" crude, which is actually the consistency of the tar that you see in asphalt manufacture, and requires a lot of refinement into usable products......there are many different types of crude oil....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.