Author Topic: Supreme Court Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Rule for US Businesses!  (Read 853 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Supreme Court Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Rule for US Businesses!
« on: January 13, 2022, 01:41:57 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-halts-covid-19-193050385.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has stopped the Biden administration from enforcing a requirement that employees at large businesses be vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo weekly testing and wear a mask on the job.

At the same time, the court is allowing the administration to proceed with a vaccine mandate for most health care workers in the U.S.

The court’s orders Thursday during a spike in coronavirus cases was a mixed bag for the administration’s efforts to boost the vaccination rate among Americans.

The court's conservative majority concluded the administration overstepped its authority by seeking to impose the vaccine-or-test rule on U.S. businesses with at least 100 employees. More than 80 million people would have been affected.

Yes!  Win!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Supreme Court Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Rule for US Businesses!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:10:21 PM »
Kinda hard to believe that RINO Roberts voted with the conservatives. He doesn't have that reputation, but then again look who put him there -- none other than the Prince of RINOs, George W. Bush.

#SharterJoe can go play with Cornpop now.  :bigbird:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 02:32:56 PM »
Drink!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 06:24:18 AM »
Businesses React to Ruling Against Biden Vaccine Mandate

Not much reaction from large corporations, per the article. Anecdotally, my own employer (I work strictly part-time and remotely) has a "wait and see" policy right now. I'm cautiously optimistic they won't go down the mandate trail as a condition of employment, but if they get stupid and do that along with the booster, that's when I tell 'em to pound sand.

Link only, because it's an AP article and is copyrighted.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/virus-outbreak-businesses/2022/01/13/id/1052361/

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:07:29 AM »
The ruling blocks imposition of the mandate while it is wending its way through the courts. Hypothetically at least, it could be upheld when it finally gets appealed to the Supreme Court (it almost certainly will be appealed to the USSC). Because it was blocked rather than allowed to go into force during the litigation, it probably would not be upheld, though.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:43:22 AM »
The ruling blocks imposition of the mandate while it is wending its way through the courts. Hypothetically at least, it could be upheld when it finally gets appealed to the Supreme Court (it almost certainly will be appealed to the USSC). Because it was blocked rather than allowed to go into force during the litigation, it probably would not be upheld, though.

You must be reading and hearing something different than I am. This path, using OSHA to implement the mandate, is absolutely dead, from everything I’m reading and hearing.

Note, I do believe the democrats will try another path, but I’m reading that this avenue is closed and will not be revisited.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 10:45:57 AM »
Businesses React to Ruling Against Biden Vaccine Mandate

Not much reaction from large corporations, per the article. Anecdotally, my own employer (I work strictly part-time and remotely) has a "wait and see" policy right now. I'm cautiously optimistic they won't go down the mandate trail as a condition of employment, but if they get stupid and do that along with the booster, that's when I tell 'em to pound sand.

Link only, because it's an AP article and is copyrighted.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/virus-outbreak-businesses/2022/01/13/id/1052361/

Our company has a similar approach and actually sent out a plan, pursuant to the USSC’s ruling.

There were several key members who were willing to walk and we were told we had nothing to worry about, to simply carry on as we had been. Thankfully that won’t be put to the test any time soon.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 11:57:09 AM »

You must be reading and hearing something different than I am. This path, using OSHA to implement the mandate, is absolutely dead, from everything I’m reading and hearing.

From Page 5 of the decision:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a244_hgci.pdf

The Sixth Circuit denied the request
for initial hearing en banc by an evenly divided 8-to-8 vote.
In re MCP No. 165, 20 F. 4th 264 (2021). ...
A three-judge panel
then dissolved the Fifth Circuit’s stay, holding that OSHA’s
mandate was likely consistent with the agency’s statutory
and constitutional authority. See In re MCP No. 165, 2021
WL 5989357, ___ F. 4th ___ (CA6 2021). Judge Larsen dissented.
Various parties then filed applications in this Court requesting that we stay OSHA’s emergency standard. We
consolidated two of those applications—one from the National Federation of Independent Business, and one from a
coalition of States—and heard expedited argument on January 7, 2022.
II
The Sixth Circuit concluded that a stay of the rule was
not justified. We disagree.
A
Applicants are likely to succeed on the merits of their
claim that the Secretary lacked authority to impose the
mandate. ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 12:21:06 PM »
From Page 5 of the decision:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a244_hgci.pdf

Still looks pretty dead to me. Yes, it can go back to the sixth circuit, but then what?  OSHA should never have this authority, as decided already. Sounds to me like it will need to be changed, which is what I said above.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 12:42:48 PM »
Like I posted above:

... Because it was blocked rather than allowed to go into force during the litigation, it probably would not be upheld, though.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 03:18:51 PM »

Still looks pretty dead to me. Yes, it can go back to the sixth circuit, but then what?  OSHA should never have this authority, as decided already. Sounds to me like it will need to be changed, which is what I said above.

KC

There is no shortage of paper in this country (unlike a lot of sundry items we use in daily life), and the lawyers have to eat.

Therefore, where there is even a microcosm of hope that SCOTUS will reverse itself, the government will appeal.

After all, it's what they do.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 03:43:02 PM »
There is no shortage of paper in this country (unlike a lot of sundry items we use in daily life), and the lawyers have to eat.

Therefore, where there is even a microcosm of hope that SCOTUS will reverse itself, the government will appeal.

After all, it's what they do.

Boy you got that right.

KC

*Stolen