Author Topic: 13 Israeli soldiers killed overnight in Gaza  (Read 764 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
13 Israeli soldiers killed overnight in Gaza
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:43 AM »
In war soldiers die. It's sad but that's what happens. Be at peace, brothers.

shaayecanaan (4,861 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014851114

13 Israeli soldiers killed overnight in Gaza

Source: Al Jazeera

Since last night, 13 soldiers from the IDF's Golani Brigade were killed while fighting Hamas terrorists in Gaza.

No further details at this time.

Read more: http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Gaza_Blog

This is the largest daily toll of Israeli combat dead since the war with Hezbollah in 2006.

Comrade Grumpy (8,245 posts)
3. That happens to invading soldiers sometimes. n/t

YarnAddict (964 posts)
4. Didn't read the details, but if Hamas came through the tunnels INTO Israel, then who was invading whom??

Don't bring logic into this.

The Stranger (11,031 posts)
65. You totally made that up and you know it. Nice try.

The Alerts are flying!

Billy Budd (91 posts) <------- New Frank Literary Mole.
35. Those are soldiers The IDF kills little kids on purpose...

Billy Budd (91 posts)
39. Israel considers Palestinians Untermensch subhumans

Tyler Hicks, a New York Times photojournalist who was in a nearby hotel when the Gaza beach strike occurred and photographed the boys' bodies as they were carried away, wrote in an essay Thursday that "there is no safe place in Gaza right now."

“Bombs can land at any time, anywhere,” he wrote. “A small metal shack with no electricity or running water on a jetty in the blazing seaside sun does not seem like the kind of place frequented by Hamas militants, the Israel Defense Forces’ intended targets. Children, maybe four feet tall, dressed in summer clothes, running from an explosion, don’t fit the description of Hamas fighters, either.”

I have a stone cold feeling for the IDF ..

Oh. I get it. The JOOOOOOS! are NAZIs.

Billy Budd (91 posts)
40. 77 percent

More than 160 civilians, including more than 40 children, have been killed in Gaza since July 7, when Israel launched its anti-Hamas military operation. "According to preliminary information, 77 of Palestinian fatalities so far have been civilians, raising concerns about respect for international humanitarian law," the UN wrote in a July 16 report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/17/boys-killed-gaza-father-photo_n_5596627.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

It wouldn't be, oh, I don't know, because Hamas is using civilians as human shields?

Billy Budd (91 posts)
41. when is Israel going to stop land thieving ? Hamas is rocketing the mortal enemies of the Palestinian people ...Israel assassinated two Palestinians teenagers in May... Israel is inhumane arrogant and needs to be taken down a bit from its hubris...

:thatsright:

Downtown Hound (8,784 posts)
26. Grieving for them solves nothing either except to satisfy some misguided notion of privileged Americans who don't get harassed daily and live under armed occupation by the Isreali military. If you lived through what the Palestinians lived through on a daily basis, trust me, you wouldn't be grieving.

The hate flowing from DU for Israel and the Jews is matched only by NAZI Germany, Stormfront, and the neo-NAZIs around the world.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: 13 Israeli soldiers killed overnight in Gaza
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/07/03/palestinians-fake-kidnap-report-of-youth-by-israeli-settlers/

Hammas "faking" it? Oh my. Say it isn't so!

DUmmies, here is some truth about the "Poor Palestinians".

http://www.newswithviews.com/israel/israel14.htm

Take your Faux Poutrage, DUmmies, and shove it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
Hamas is deliberately preventing Palestinians from leaving their homes.  They want to pile up as many bodies of women and children as possible. 

It's how their propaganda works.  You can thank the anti-Israel crowd for that.  They are the ones with blood on their hands.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:11 PM »
Hamas is deliberately preventing Palestinians from leaving their homes.  They want to pile up as many bodies of women and children as possible. 

It's how their propaganda works.  You can thank the anti-Israel Islam  crowd for that.  They are the ones with blood on their hands.

FIFY
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
FIFY

Islamists are a given.  I was thinking more like the plethora of western media feeding the hatred of the liberal anti-Semites.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
I don't think it's the Western Media feeding the anti-Semites, that's been around for thousands of years. They use it as an excuse/reason TODAY because it fits the bill.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
I wondered if the  "13 Israeli soldiers killed" was because they take extreme precautions before shooting at anything to avoid civilians. 

This explains;
  The central battle began when an anti-tank mine exploded under an Israeli armored personnel carrier, killing seven soldiers from the 13th battalion of the Golani Brigade, the army said.

The ambush, supported by machine gun fire, took place in the Shejaiya neighborhood of Gaza City, in the northern part of the 40-kilometer-long Strip. The other soldiers were killed in the same neighborhood, a Hamas stronghold that is home to some 100,000 people.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/soldiers-killed-in-gaza/

The dunce speaks;
  .@JohnKerry: We join our international partners in reiterating our call for an immediate end to fighting. http://t.co/VvYer6Ls6M #Gaza 

https://twitter.com/StateDept

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:41:59 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
I wondered if the  "13 Israeli soldiers killed" was because they take extreme precautions before shooting at anything to avoid civilians. 

The IDF is handcuffed even more than our military has been recently.

Notice though, that Obama's drone strikes don't worry about killing civilians and children.