Author Topic: Vesta rambles about adam and eve or something  (Read 3317 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Vesta rambles about adam and eve or something
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »
I'd probably buy that.......

doc

Is it not a kind or wonder to the world that the texts from all over the world has survived the wars, the advance of civilization, not just the Bible, the cave paintings in France to the temples and stone carvings of middle America, all the strange symbolic artifacts that can only be seen from the air.??????

Africa is chock full of some kind of pyramid structures much smaller then the ones of Egypt, question, did the Egyptians actually build the pyramids or were they there when the tribes wander in and claimed them and the Spinx as their own doing????

So much we find through Scientific advances that not only lead to a realization that some how the surviving texts on the history of the time actually did happen, lost city's are found right where the Bible said they once existed.

As we struggle to put the pieces of our existence into place, the age old question of do we serve God or does God serve us comes up.

Much for us to wonder about, debate and find long lost things to marvel at. We find pottery from South America with pictures of strange beasts, for thousands of years most of Europe and Asia believed in dragons and huge monsters.   ST. George was said to have fought a dragon, the Irish believe in the little people, the Bible tells of some really weird occurrences, the Hindu believe as do the Aztecs that we came from the stars.

Come to think of it, we Christians  and Muslims also believe in God living out there some where and coming to earth to place two individuals on earth to populate this planet.

All this unexplained stuff will some day come to light, not in our life time but we have a good start and the more we learn the more we find out how much more there is to learn.

There is no harm in questioning, if ones belief is strong, a few inconstancy are no problem, we know today that an eye wittiness to anything will vary among the onlookers.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
In fact The Devil was allowed to be on earth as the first humans came, to temp Eve to  the tree of knowledge that only God and Adam knew about.

Where did you come up with that?

Gensis Chapter 3:
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Sounds like Eve knew, too.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 05:21:04 AM »
Where did you come up with that?

Gensis Chapter 3:
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Sounds like Eve knew, too.

IIRC, God didn't have much to do with EVE, Adam was his buddy and Eve was there just to give Adam a companion.

Could Adam have been jealous of his friendship with God and seldom wanted to let EVE know about his talks with God???

A carry over to the Male only priesthood and some Christians Churches that teach woman to be quiet and obey their superiors, the Males ????

Could it have been a jealous Adam that seeing Eve eat the fruit and not die, perhaps it had fermented, and decided to give it a try himself????  Adam had free will he made a bad choice.

Along comes God and asks Adam, what the Heck have you done, I told YOU not to eat the fruit.   Adam with a hang over from the fruit gives for the first time in history the excuse," the woman made me do it. "

In no way did Adam try to excuse Eve and admit he 'forgot ' to warn her about the tree, perhaps he may have mentioned it in passing, BUT, Adam was in charge of the rules and regulations of Eden.

God put Adam in charge of everything that went on in the Garden, I believe Eve was framed by Adam just to make sure that only males could speak to God or that God would not find HE preferred a female over a male.

Once expelled from the garden they found sex, this gave woman the upper hand as now in order to obey the go and multiply orders men had to in some way by hook or crook have sex with these vile temptresses.

And so it goes, the battle of the sexes to find favor with God.   

Offline Erasmus

Re: Vesta rambles about adam and eve or something
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
IIRC, God didn't have much to do with EVE, Adam was his buddy and Eve was there just to give Adam a companion.

Could Adam have been jealous of his friendship with God and seldom wanted to let EVE know about his talks with God???

A carry over to the Male only priesthood and some Christians Churches that teach woman to be quiet and obey their superiors, the Males ????

Could it have been a jealous Adam that seeing Eve eat the fruit and not die, perhaps it had fermented, and decided to give it a try himself????  Adam had free will he made a bad choice.

Along comes God and asks Adam, what the Heck have you done, I told YOU not to eat the fruit.   Adam with a hang over from the fruit gives for the first time in history the excuse," the woman made me do it. "

In no way did Adam try to excuse Eve and admit he 'forgot ' to warn her about the tree, perhaps he may have mentioned it in passing, BUT, Adam was in charge of the rules and regulations of Eden.

God put Adam in charge of everything that went on in the Garden, I believe Eve was framed by Adam just to make sure that only males could speak to God or that God would not find HE preferred a female over a male.

Once expelled from the garden they found sex, this gave woman the upper hand as now in order to obey the go and multiply orders men had to in some way by hook or crook have sex with these vile temptresses.

And so it goes, the battle of the sexes to find favor with God.   

Huh?

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
Interesting ...
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
Err......wait.......whut?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 06:06:32 AM »
Err......wait.......whut?

WELL, why not attempt to see how the living in the past explained the life around them ???

As a big fan of ---The history of the world----- the Movie, I tend to try to look at all sides of a story to find any hidden agenda of the Authors.   

The first book in the Bible is a good place to start.   I am looking at this book from 10,000+ years into the future.  How the pre-cave men lived and their lives so long ago.   

Why did God for instance refuse Cains gifts of sweat and labor to accept Abel's gifts of  blood from a living creature???  Why did at that time did God want blood sacrifices  of the most innocent ,instead of carrots and grains that are more labor intensive then sitting on a hill watching sheep graze ???

The farmers that toil against nature 24/7 are given a bad rap on this one.

BTW as I understand it the Lord put the mark on Cane as a warning to others that this man was not to be harmed in any way. 

Strange that God would at first refuse a gift from Cane, watch as Cane killed his brother in Jealousy then went on to insure Cane was safe from all problems in the future.

Rambling about the Bible story's from the beginning is fascinating to me.  As we find more and more about the times our Ancestors lived in and Science finds out that many of the lost civilizations written of actually where the Bible says they were, the more interested I get in the Bible.   

Question here, what was the time line of history between the last book of the Old Testament and the first book of the New Testament ????   

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

Question here, what was the time line of history between the last book of the Old Testament and the first book of the New Testament ????   

I havent looked into it, but the last I remember I thought it was about 300 years.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
Why did God for instance refuse Cains gifts of sweat and labor to accept Abel's gifts of  blood from a living creature???  Why did at that time did God want blood sacrifices  of the most innocent ,instead of carrots and grains that are more labor intensive then sitting on a hill watching sheep graze ???

Because sacrifices were a prefiguration of the Messianic sacrifice.

The Passion of the NT accords day-by-day, hour-by-hour with the Hebrew observances of Passover (death), First Fruits (resurrection) and Pentecost (ascension).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Erasmus

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
From the other thread:

I agree in part with your post, however why is it that the society's that are Pacific's, gentel and refuse to become war like are the first to die out.????
We have a moral code that does not seem to last long when we are threatened, feel envy or greed.   Our Planet gives lip service to the morality we receive from our cultures, this is all so fast to change in a heart beat when threatened.  In war time we Americans despised the conscious objectors, call them cowards and worse.   We as a civilization must protect ourselves, or humanity and culture. Those that refuse to die for the culture are harshly treated.   So why believe some other culture from off planet, is smarter then we, has anything to benefit us, could it not be these what ever, non human view us anything but as we view the Apes with 98% of the same chromosomes as us???

Your question here has as its main assumption that all conflict and war and death is immoral.  I don't think that this is the case.  Moral objectivity doesn't necessarily mean moral absolutism.  There are times when through no fault of our own, we're put in the position of making two less than perfect moral choices.  Pacifist societies that will not even defend themselves don't make it very long because moral absolutism often leads to quirksome results.