Author Topic: Sooner or later the shit is going to hit the fan.  (Read 1004 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Sooner or later the shit is going to hit the fan.
« on: May 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM »
shockey80 (2,049 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212073568

There is no way in hell this complete disregard for the law, this in your face corruption is sustainable. Something has to give and I have no idea how this is going to end. I have said from the beginning this will probably end badly. How could it ever end well?

I have a feeling fate will step in and decide things for us. It may be completely out of our hands how all of this ends. That's the scary part. It may end with minor damage to our country that can be repaired over time or it could end in a catastrophic way that could take decades to repair, if ever.

This is absolutely true... but in the exact opposite way that the DUmpmonkie thinks...

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (21,014 posts)

1. First of all 60% of America doesnt know this is happening, another 20% knows and

doesnt care or understand how important it is and the last 20% are not enough to make iimportant shit happen like a general strike and massive protest.

Whimper is how we go out, and that is what is happening.

OH, by the way dont count on 2020, KGB and GOP and a certain group on the far left who are not left at all in reality are making sure no Democrat sits in the WH ever again.

:lmao:

Star Member Arkansas Granny (23,979 posts)

6. I keep thinking that there must be a point where even Trump's most avid supporters will say that he

has gone too far. I'm beginning to realize that nearly half the country just doesn't give a damn. They don't care that he tells lies more often than he tells the truth. They don't care that he buddies up to our adversaries while he thumbs his nose at our allies. They don't care that he separated children from their parents with no apparent plan to ever reunite them. They don't care that he defends white supremacists. The list of atrocities that they are willing to ignore is long and frightening.

The are witnessing the takeover and dismantling of our government by the least qualified person to ever hold the office of President and they just don't care.

:mental:

Star Member Maven (9,780 posts)

11. The U.S. as it existed for much of the 20th and early 21st century is over.

I've thought that for quite some time. We are not really functioning as one unified country and we likely never will again. The question is whether we have a soft landing or a hard one.

What I find the most darkly comical, at this point, is the number within our ranks who are anxious to save "the Constitution". It is the Constitution that enables the GOP to rule from the minority. They have become experts at exploiting all its gaps, gray areas and design flaws to solidify their power and block us from governing effectively.

:whatever:

Penn Voter (112 posts)

13. I agree and it may not be this year or in 2020, however, I believe that an unimpeded investigation by the new New York State Attorney General, Letitia James will being much to light about the Trump crime family. It is our job to remove him from office in 2020. From there, Ms. James has promised a complete investigation of Trump's business and I believe that will bring his ultimate downfall.

ananda (19,650 posts)

24. Well, the way climate change is going ...

... I don't think we have to worry about anything
except going extinct.

:lol:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Sooner or later the shit is going to hit the fan.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »
shockey80 (2,049 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212073568

Right now, it looks likely to happen on the first Tuesday in November of 2020 - but it'll only be "shit" to DU-grade Progs. Maybe we should have an "office pool" picking the time that day that DU gets "hacked" :wink: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 03:21:30 PM »
What I find the most darkly comical, at this point, is the number within our ranks who are anxious to save "the Constitution". It is the Constitution that enables the GOP to rule from the minority. They have become experts at exploiting all its gaps, gray areas and design flaws to solidify their power and block us from governing effectively.
Um, wasn't it DU hero FDR who exploited two little words in the Constitution--"general welfare"--to turn our whole government upside down and create the expensive, bureaucracy-heavy, and socially irresponsible dependency culture we now have???

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
Um, wasn't it DU hero FDR who exploited two little words in the Constitution--"general welfare"--to turn our whole government upside down and create the expensive, bureaucracy-heavy, and socially irresponsible dependency culture we now have???

Yes ma’am. ^5!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »

Well, at least Star Member Maven is honest about her hatred and disregard for the US Constitution.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.