Author Topic: WUWT publishing suspended – major announcement coming  (Read 3079 times)

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/27/wuwt-publishing-suspended-major-announcement-coming/#more-68235

Something’s happened. From now until Sunday July 29th, around Noon PST, WUWT will be suspending publishing. At that time, there will be a major announcement that I’m sure will attract a broad global interest due to its controversial and unprecedented nature.

To give you an idea as to the magnitude of this event, I’m suspending my vacation plans. I weighed the issue, and decided (much to my dismay) this was more important. I can go on vacation trips another time, but this announcement is not something I can miss now and do later.

Media outlets be sure to check in to WUWT on Sunday around 12PM PST and check your emails.

If you wish to be automatically notified of the updates, click on the “Follow Blog via Email” button about midway down the right sidebar.

Comments are closed, and I will not be responding to emails until Sunday.

Thank you for your consideration and patience  – Anthony Watts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the years that I have been following WUWT, this is unprecedented, I don't even recall him doing this for the climategate deals.

So, now I'll be on pins and needles until sunday.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
Re: WUWT publishing suspended – major announcement coming
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
 :popcorn:
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A reanalysis of U.S. surface station temperatures has been performed using the recently WMO-approved Siting Classification System devised by METEO-France’s Michel Leroy. The new siting classification more accurately characterizes the quality of the location in terms of monitoring long-term spatially representative surface temperature trends. The new analysis demonstrates that reported 1979-2008 U.S. temperature trends are spuriously doubled, with 92% of that over-estimation resulting from erroneous NOAA adjustments of well-sited stations upward. The paper is the first to use the updated siting system which addresses USHCN siting issues and data adjustments.

The new improved assessment, for the years 1979 to 2008, yields a trend of +0.155C per decade from the high quality sites, a +0.248 C per decade trend for poorly sited locations, and a trend of +0.309 C per decade after NOAA adjusts the data. This issue of station siting quality is expected to be an issue with respect to the monitoring of land surface temperature throughout the Global Historical Climate Network and in the BEST network.

Read the rest here.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/29/press-release-2/#more-68286

- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
Ok, what does mean?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »
Ok, what does mean?

KC

Well, Anthony Watts started the SurfaceStations project, the purpose was to go audit the placement of the devices that were collecting temprature data over time.

The problem was that some of these devices were well placed and some others...not so much.

After auditing the site positioning they are able place the sites into different groups that you could then analyse accordingly.

Anthonys work appears to show that folkes like NOAA, NASA and East Anglia were blowing the analyses by double.

+0.155C per decade from the high quality sites, a +0.248 C per decade trend for poorly sited locations, and a trend of +0.309 C per decade after NOAA adjusts the data.

So the trend shows 0.155C of temperture increase over a decade as opposed to the NOAA estmate of 0.309 over a decade.

Edit: I forgot to add that another major difference is that Anthonys et all data will be available for peer review as opposed to the likes of NOAA, NASA and East Anglia.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:57:07 PM by EagleKeeper »
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »
So the trend shows 0.155C of temperture increase over a decade as opposed to the NOAA estmate of 0.309 over a decade.
That is 0.279º F., less than one-third of a degree, for the Celsius-impaired (I had to look it up).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
Yeah see, this gives us an indication of the real warming trend that we are facing, 0.279º F over a decade.

Now if they could just get the password to the email bomb that was tucked into the climategate 2 disclosure.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:32 AM »
Ok, what does mean?

KC

That those of us who actually looked at the data and said "Bullshit".......were right.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »
It will be interesting to watch this unfold.  I wonder what's going to happen when SCIENCE kills the liberals RELIGION.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen