Author Topic: Something just occurred to me  (Read 372 times)

Offline beefeater

Something just occurred to me
« on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:05 PM »
senseandsensibility (13,441 posts)     Mar 29, 2021, 03:36 PM

Something just occurred to me

We have not heard one word about trumps' Presidential Library since he left. Nothing. Not even his biggest sycophants are trying to gaslight us about it. It's not a topic at all.

The Presidential Library is a big deal, or always has been until now. No matter how unsuccessful, scandal plagued or unpopular a President was, his library was still a big deal and treated very seriously. Bush Jr. and even Nixon had major libraries named for them.

What an embarrassment for the former guy. Not the major one, but still worth mentioning.

President Trump has been out of office for 2 months.

I wonder if it has occurred to this MORON that Barry Soetoro has been out of our White House for over 4 years and in spite of raising a few million dollars they still haven't broken ground for his Presidential library and Islamic Cultural Center.
I've heard that they're having trouble finding a neighborhood that wants it.

What an embarrassment for the former guy, and with his ego a major one.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215280888#post6
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Something just occurred to me
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:43:43 PM »
so is this grounds for another shampeachment of a non-sitting president?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »
There should be a Presidential Library in every state.  Just for entertainment value of libs constantly protesting and trying to burn it down.  And keep track of which one's they've torched.

President Zero actually didn't decide where to put his surprisingly controversial official library immediately upon leaving office.  Hawaii wanted it, but the activists in Chicago demanded it be there.  Naturally, they ended up bulldozing a predominantly black neighborhood to do it and handed the bill to Cook County taxpayers.  Meanwhile, displacing block after block of residents.  And it still isn't anywhere near completion.

President Trump could either just build one massive structure in Mar-a-Lago or just designate Trump Tower in Manhattan to be the site.  It would draw interest especially in Florida and visitors from around the world.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 04:40:48 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if Former President Trump said "My Presidential library? No thanks. Don't want it, don't need it. I have better places to use the money than for something like that." It would drive the DUmbasses crazy.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 04:54:33 PM »
Unlike other Presidential Libraries administered by NARA, the Barack Obama Presidential Library will be the first fully digital presidential library. An estimated 95 percent of the Presidential records of the Obama administration were born-digital, such as photos, videos, word processing documents, tweets, emails, and other common digital formats.

Any and all incriminating documents are long gone down the memory hole.