Author Topic: If trump issued pocket pardons wouldn't the Biden Administration know?  (Read 424 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
padah513 (1,587 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215405229

If trump issued pocket pardons wouldn't the Biden Administration know?

If he had and since he is no longer President, couldn't they release the information and say who has one right now? Don't want to see AG Garland start rounding up these cretins and we get the Gomer Pyle treatment. Surprise, surprise, surprise! (Yeah, my age is showing, but so what?)

:whatever:

Star Member StarfishSaver (15,124 posts)

2. He might not know, but AG Garland and his team would know

And if Trump had issued "pocket pardons" to anyone under investigation, they would have been informed.

There's no way people with pardons in their pockets would stand back and go through the stigma, expense, and hassle of being investigated, being subject to search warrants, etc. if they had a get out jail free card.

getagrip_already (7,292 posts)

3. knowing trump....

He would hold onto them for future profit. The recipients may not even know. Hey Rudy, I might have signed a pardon for you before I left office, but I need a favor..........

:thatsright:

Star Member StarfishSaver (15,124 posts)

4. If Rudy had a pardon, it would have been invoked by now

There's no way he would be going through all of this if he had a pardon.

But that said, if Trump issued a "pocket pardon" (which I don't think are a thing anyway) and is still holding onto it, it's not a valid pardon because it has to be delivered to and accepted by the person while Trump has the power to issue pardons, i.e., during his presidency. Writing down "I'm pardoning Rudy" but not giving it to him while he's still president isn't a pardon. It's just a note.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

padah513 (1,587 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215405229

If trump issued pocket pardons wouldn't the Biden Administration know?

What in Hades are they  :stoner: -dreaming about? Presidential pardons are public record.

Of course, what LIEden himself knows is a question DUpipo shouldn't want explored.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

What in Hades are they  :stoner: -dreaming about? Presidential pardons are public record.

And presidents can pardon whoever they want. Just like Bubba and Obama did.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
How lefty imagines pardons work:

Pardon" border="0
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

How lefty imagines pardons work:

Pardon" border="0

Ron Swanson is my hero
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

Of course, what LIEden himself knows is a question DUpipo shouldn't want explored.
I had never even heard of a "pocket pardon" until today.  :thatsright:

Offline YupItsMe

I awoke 3:00 am from falling asleep on the couch one night back in January.  And there's President Trump on TV doing an infomercial for pocket pardons.  I perked up. Blanket pardons, no expiration date!  $19.99 + SH.  Well I got out my credit card and ordered me one.   :-)

Offline BamaMoose

In the DUmmies minds, Republican politicians are like the super-villains from a comic book movie (or maybe a Scooby-Doo cartoon).  Always, one step ahead of the good guys until the very end.  Which explains why they get so excited by things like Fitzmas and the Mueller Report.  They were sure that, just like in the movies, the good guys would swoop in right at the end to save the day.  Yet, time and again, they had their hearts broken by the heroes in their imaginary scenarios, because their expectations were propped up by complete fantasy.  So they reset, create a new imaginary scandal and wait for a new savior.  Every day they look at the news expecting that Bush, Trump, McConnell or some other politician they don't like will be in handcuffs under the headline "And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!".