Current Events > The DUmpster

If trump issued pocket pardons wouldn't the Biden Administration know?

(1/2) > >>

dutch508:

--- Quote ---padah513 (1,587 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215405229

If he had and since he is no longer President, couldn't they release the information and say who has one right now? Don't want to see AG Garland start rounding up these cretins and we get the Gomer Pyle treatment. Surprise, surprise, surprise! (Yeah, my age is showing, but so what?)
--- End quote ---

:whatever:

--- Quote ---Star Member StarfishSaver (15,124 posts)

2. He might not know, but AG Garland and his team would know

And if Trump had issued "pocket pardons" to anyone under investigation, they would have been informed.

There's no way people with pardons in their pockets would stand back and go through the stigma, expense, and hassle of being investigated, being subject to search warrants, etc. if they had a get out jail free card.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---getagrip_already (7,292 posts)

3. knowing trump....

He would hold onto them for future profit. The recipients may not even know. Hey Rudy, I might have signed a pardon for you before I left office, but I need a favor..........
--- End quote ---

:thatsright:

--- Quote ---Star Member StarfishSaver (15,124 posts)

4. If Rudy had a pardon, it would have been invoked by now

There's no way he would be going through all of this if he had a pardon.

But that said, if Trump issued a "pocket pardon" (which I don't think are a thing anyway) and is still holding onto it, it's not a valid pardon because it has to be delivered to and accepted by the person while Trump has the power to issue pardons, i.e., during his presidency. Writing down "I'm pardoning Rudy" but not giving it to him while he's still president isn't a pardon. It's just a note.
--- End quote ---

:yawn:

SVPete:

--- Quote ---padah513 (1,587 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215405229

--- End quote ---

What in Hades are they  :stoner: -dreaming about? Presidential pardons are public record.

Of course, what LIEden himself knows is a question DUpipo shouldn't want explored.

DUmpDiver:

--- Quote from: SVPete on May 06, 2021, 08:28:01 AM ---What in Hades are they  :stoner: -dreaming about? Presidential pardons are public record.

--- End quote ---

And presidents can pardon whoever they want. Just like Bubba and Obama did.

SSG Snuggle Bunny:
How lefty imagines pardons work:

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: SSG Snuggle Bunny on May 06, 2021, 03:19:16 PM ---How lefty imagines pardons work:

--- End quote ---

Ron Swanson is my hero

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version