Author Topic: Texas Democratic official resigns after calling Tim Scott an 'oreo  (Read 656 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Texas Democratic official resigns after calling Tim Scott an 'oreo
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tim-scott-called-racial-slur-oreo-texas-democrat-resigns

The Texas Democratic official who called Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., an "oreo" on Twitter last week has resigned from his position following a backlash.

Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation Tuesday in a statement, days after sparking a firestorm online by calling Scott an "oreo" in a since-deleted Facebook post.

O’Connor apologized for targeting Scott with the racial slur, which refers to a Black person who is perceived as acting White.

Gary O'Connor called Tim Scott an "oreo".

:racist:  :racista:  :racista:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Texas Democratic official resigns after calling Tim Scott an 'oreo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 07:04:48 AM »
I must be a really bad racist. I thought an “Oreo” was a biracial person. Goes I need to up my racist vocabulary  ::)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 08:27:31 AM »
I must be a really bad racist. I thought an “Oreo” was a biracial person. Goes I need to up my racist vocabulary  ::)

KC

I think I first heard the term as a young kit watching an episode of The Jeffersons. I think it was said by George, as an insult to someone.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:42:53 AM by SSG Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 08:37:30 AM »
I think I first heard the termas a young kit watching an episode3 of The Jeffersons. I think it was said by George, as an insult to someone.

What he said.  I'm pretty sure that's where I first heard it, and it was referencing someone who was mixed, which is how I've usually heard it used since, like Texacon said. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 01:23:43 PM »
Texas Dem Party Leader Calls Tim Scott Racial Slur, Then Resigns. Texas Dems Won’t Accept His Resignation.

The Lamar County Democratic Party told The Texas Tribune that they had used the “last few days to reflect upon this incident,” adding, “Lamar County Democrats recommit ourselves to conduct our private conversations and our public social media discussions with anti-racist, pro-reconciling attitudes and language. We strongly condemn bigotry of any kind and will continue our historic efforts to work for justice and equality for all our fellow citizens.”

They condemn bigotry, but won't accept the bigot's resignation?  That is high level doublethink, there.  How do you not accept a resignation anyway?  Are they going to force the guy into work?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 03:15:00 PM »
Texas Dem Party Leader Calls Tim Scott Racial Slur, Then Resigns. Texas Dems Won’t Accept His Resignation.

They condemn bigotry, but won't accept the bigot's resignation?  That is high level doublethink, there.  How do you not accept a resignation anyway?  Are they going to force the guy into work?

Well, apparently he offered his resignation. Didn't actually submit it. Howzat for weaseling through an absolutely stupid (but revealing) statement? Definitely put the "r" in "racist" on that one.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
Where is the MSM 24/7 poutrage? Where are the "peaceful" protesters burning and looting....... OH, it was one of their guys.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.