The Help Desk > Suggestions and Feedback

why does

(1/2) > >>

franksolich:
Why does it take forever for a page that's mostly youtubes for comments, to load?

As an example, I offer the latest page of the "what are you listening to" thread--although I'd noticed this problem as early as last Thanksgiving, when I first started a thread on Christmas music.

It takes ****ing forever, and one can't do anything else while waiting for it to load, other than sit there fuming.

I can't count the number of times I've gone to youtube and selected something to bring over here.....and then had to play and re-play and re-re-play and re-re-re-play the piece while waiting for the posting page over here to get loaded so I may copy-and-paste the link.

I swear.  There was one thing earlier today--that I had to play four ****ing times while waiting for the posting page to load so I could copy-and-paste the link.

I assume this is a software flaw, and if so, is SMF doing anything about it?

BattleHymn:
Is this the reason?

http://www.labnol.org/internet/light-youtube-embeds/27941/

franksolich:

--- Quote from: BattleHymn on March 03, 2016, 09:01:08 PM ---Is this the reason?

http://www.labnol.org/internet/light-youtube-embeds/27941/

--- End quote ---

Thanks, BattleHymn, sir.  That does indeed seem to be the problem.

I'd seen that you'd responded about a youtube I'd posted, and was going to respond to your comment, but then, damn it, it was taking forever for the "reply" page to load, so I said "fudge it" and walked away.

BattleHymn:

--- Quote from: franksolich on March 03, 2016, 09:03:39 PM ---Thanks, BattleHymn, sir.  That does indeed seem to be the problem.

I'd seen that you'd responded about a youtube I'd posted, and was going to respond to your comment, but then, damn it, it was taking forever for the "reply" page to load, so I said "fudge it" and walked away.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I'm on a Linux machine and that page still bogs down while trying to load.  No worries. 

thundley4:
I have the same problem with video pages and I don't think it's my internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version