Author Topic: Impeachment wet dreams  (Read 957 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Impeachment wet dreams
« on: December 19, 2019, 08:22:03 PM »
OK this is a small bonfire but a good one.  We got some DUMMIE impeachment wet dreams!!!1111!!!!ELEVENTY!

Never mind the fact that the wicked witch of San Fran, named Nan, is now balking on sending the articles to the senate (link: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/475284-democrats-rally-behind-pelosi-on-delay-of-articles and the senate can't even agree (link: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475375-senate-leaders-punt-impeachment-trial-deal-until-after-holidays   Dummies are having wet dreams!

Link: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212801740

The OP:
NewsCenter28 (1,121 posts)

The solution to the McConnell/Pelosi impasse is crystal clear and just struck me
I am confident that there would be 51 votes in the senate to throw it to Chief Justice John Roberts to decide if and what witnesses should be called. Throw it to the Chief to decide after hearing arguments from the house managers and Toad's attorneys. It's a gamble but I'm pretty sure Roberts will allow witnesses. That also is a compromise to the GOP position.

So, the deal would be for the senators to take themselves out of the process and allow Roberts to decide, perhaps with a caveat that 51 senators can still overturn his decisions if it is deemed too outrageous somehow.

Except that the US Senate don't give a rats ass about Roberts.   :thatsright:

Let's go check out the small bonfire.....

PoindexterOglethorpe (11,583 posts)
1. Why would the Supreme Court get involved?

The Constitution only talks about the responsibilities of the House and the Senate in this regard. Which would mean Roberts, even if asked to get involved, can't.

Paging Lazerrrhassss!!!

2. You forget that the chief justice presides over the senate impeachment trial of a POTUS

As per the constitution. He is also given the opportunity to make rulings on evidentiary motions, etc., during the trial. He has a choice, he can make the ruling himself or he can take himself out of it and say that the senate must decide on its own. If he decides, it takes 51 votes to overrule his decisions.

Dammit! This is a real trial with witnesses, a judge and everything!!!   :rant:

kentuck (94,866 posts)
5. Much will depend on what role Roberts chooses to play in this trial...

Rehnquist did nothing....and did it well.

Ken**** pissing raining on the impeachment parade.   :-)

PoindexterOglethorpe (11,583 posts)
7. Interesting. I hadn't read carefully enough.

So then the real question is, given that he would preside over the impeachment trial, would he be anything other than a toady to Trump, McConnell, and the rest?

Unless he has President Trump drawn and quartered, shot, keel hauled, hung, put in an iron maiden and burned at the stake alive... then your answer is no.

Pesky facts show up:

Blue_true (19,067 posts)
11. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is constitutionally required to be the Judge

at the Senate trial of an impeached President. Rehnquist was the Judge at Bill Clinton's trial.

As well as reality:

TwilightZone (13,835 posts)
3. It's not up to Roberts.

Besides, it's highly unlikely that any GOP Senators would vote to give up control of the process, so I have no idea where you're getting 51.

Dummie still having wet dreams:

4. Well that should still be our offer

If the senate GOP rejects it, then we should never transmit the articles. Making the argument that the judge should decide would resonate with a lot of the public and it is within the senate rules for Roberts to make evidentiary decisions.

Dammit!!! We will take our impeachment and go home if we don't get our way!!!!

So do we understand the process?

TwilightZone (13,835 posts)
6. We should offer something that makes no sense?

Suggesting something that isn't an option would just make us look like we don't understand the process.

Well no... no we don't.  At least most of us.

stopbush (21,101 posts)
8. Pelosi doesn't need to be gambling anything. She's in control, not Yertle, not the Asshole.

Gonna impeach orange man. Gonna be prezident cause dummies want it.  Grunt, grunt.  Give me more weed and cheetos!  Grunt, grunt.  Impeach orange man!

Kablooie (15,560 posts)
9. That would go against everything Republicans believe

Roberts is likely to run the trial with decorum at honesty which is exactly what the Republicans don’t want. Their whole defense is based on chaos and confusion so they need to keep control themselves.

Obeekaybee!

FBaggins (19,484 posts)
10. Roberts' role begins when the trial starts

And the Rehnquist precedent was to follow Senate rules (and refer many decisions to the full Senate - which can overrule him anyway).

So the proposal boils down to letting the trial begin and trusting that there are three or more Republicans who would insist on a fair process.

And the dems control absolutely nothing!  Sucks to be you, dummies!

That is all.  Might grow, might not. 

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Impeachment wet dreams
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 09:21:15 PM »
Okay, someone fess up.  Who passed out the brown acid to the DUmp today?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:42 PM »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 08:00:40 AM »
4. Well that should still be our offer

If the senate GOP rejects it, then we should never transmit the articles. Making the argument that the judge should decide would resonate with a lot of the public and it is within the senate rules for Roberts to make evidentiary decisions.
If they do not transmit the articles, is Trump even impeached?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »

One of the "constitution scholars" the Dims had "testify" in that sham show says....NO!
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 08:08:11 AM »

Impeachment abortion?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 08:31:47 AM »
Impeachment abortion?
More like immaculate impeachment...at least in DUmmie minds.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »
DUpipo somehow imagine the Dems are in the Impeachment Car driver seat. They don't see it's a Crash-Mobile - hits the wall of reality and flies apart. :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 09:40:18 AM »
Roberts will just sit there, reading.  He'll be barely-locatable in those generic pan-shots of the Chamber.  That's what I remember about Rehnquist.  This isn't the kind of trial where lawyers huddle around the Bench, which will probably be a throne-type chair with a small desk.

Dummies will instantly realize what they've gotten themselves into... like Treyvon Martin's girlfriend, who thought she could just stand-up and leave the courtroom during her witness-testimony because it all suddenly became so overwhelmingly boring and not-going-her-way.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »
"Offer."  As McConnell said, why should we negotiate for something we don't want?

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 03:11:37 AM »
>PoindexterOglethorpe (11,583 posts) 1. Why would the Supreme Court get involved?

Maybe the Crash Test DUmmys that are still breathing can ejaculate their opinion upon this matter?
Or maybe a dry hump artifice yet again?