Author Topic: I was just told to leave a truck stop here in Utah! - bouncy 2/10  (Read 659 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
imanamerican63 (7,518 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212794731

I was just told to leave a truck stop here in Utah!
The truck stop is selling a small statue of Trump flipping his middle finger! I said to the lady “that this offensive and should be pulled from their sales”. She laughed at me and responded by saying “if I didn’t like it, to bad” I just shook my head! Then there it was “leave and do not come back”! I didn’t respond, but I will do that, but I’m call their corporate office and tell them what happened and what I thought of the statue. It was not that it was a Trump statue, it was because of the intent of what Trump was doing with his finger.

:whatever:

Star Member 2naSalit (31,614 posts)

6. Well...

any TS in Utah is likely to be that offensive. I've been retired for quite a while so I'm not up to date on anything new after the early 90s.

I do recall getting threatened that I would be kicked off a greyhound bus in Utah if I said another thing about not being able to smoke while in Utah. Not that I wanted to smoke but it was the principle that Utah felt it could restrict your actions inside a transit passing through their sacred state.

The driver was falling asleep at the wheel later on, I reported them because they were assholes, when I got to another state.

:stoner:

magicarpet (4,811 posts)

7. Well a truck stop is bound to be a saltier audience,..

... if you are expecting upscale such as Bonwit Teller's or Neiman Marcus you might be disappointed.

That was kinda rude to toss you out for voicing your opinion.

:whatever:

Star Member calimary (54,931 posts)

15. I still think it'd be worth lodging a complaint to the corporate owner.

That owner probably cares a great deal about the prospect of losing your money. More than even pledging allegiance to the donald.

Star Member rzemanfl (23,440 posts)

31. I actually stopped at a station in Georgia that sold gas and was a Lion's Den

sex toy shop. I didn't know it until I went in to pay for my gas. I saved the receipt. That time, fortunately, I only needed fuel.

Interestingly, there were two couples in there shopping. One woman was being told by a female clerk, "don't put this in the dishwasher." I didn't look to see what "this" was.

:???:

stopdiggin (1,433 posts)

9. kind doubt that was the extent of the exchange

and in general circumstances customers are not asked to leave premises over a simple difference of opinion. If the situation happened as you describe, the employee should be reported to management (and corporate) .. not so much for their politics as for thoroughly unprofessional behavior.

So do I.. I have no doubt, however, the DUmpmonkie was a complete jack-ass.

imanamerican63 (7,518 posts)

10. Well, it was.

The very fact you don’t think my thread
is your opinion. She was upset that I shook my head. I am smart enough not get into a pissing match with other people. Have great day.

:thatsright:

stopdiggin (1,433 posts)

11. and in that case

as I said .. behavior way outside the norm, and way outside expected professional standards (for a TS or anyplace else that is serving the public). Such behavior should be reported.
The part of this story that raised (my) eyebrows is that the employee actually asked you to "leave, and don't come back." (like you were really disrupting the business or service) Really don't have any trouble seeing that same person telling you, "If you don't like it, tough." Not terribly respectful .. but then, you're bringing uninvited criticism of store inventory to them, thus initiating disagreement .. and it hardly rises to the level of, "get out, and don't come back."
Sorry you had such an unpleasant, and uncharacteristic, encounter.

wait for it...

CaptYossarian (1,095 posts)

16. What norm? With Concealed Carry, if someone claims to have been threatened,

they can now get away with murder. Ask the family of Treyvon Martin.

The OP was right to de-escalate and simply leave. I say that because I'm only armed with my fists, so any of these nutjobs can out gun me. It's a crazy world.

:thatsright:   :mental:   :thatsright:

Captain Stern (1,466 posts)

36. That sounds like an odd encounter.

At least part of it does.

I can easily believe that a truck stop sells statues of trump flipping his middle finger. I can also easily believe that somebody might tell an employee (that probably has no control at all over what is sold) at the truck stop that the statue was offensive, and shouldn't be sold. I can even more easily believe that the employee would laugh at the person that was telling them that.

The part that seems odd to me is where the employee takes it upon themself to tell the customer to 'leave, and not come back' just because the customer shook their head. It sounds like the employee might need a little bit more training.

:stoner:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: I was just told to leave a truck stop here in Utah! - bouncy 2/10
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 06:34:42 PM »
Captain Stern (1,466 posts)

36. That sounds like an odd encounter.

At least part of it does.

I can easily believe that a truck stop sells statues of trump flipping his middle finger. I can also easily believe that somebody might tell an employee (that probably has no control at all over what is sold) at the truck stop that the statue was offensive, and shouldn't be sold. I can even more easily believe that the employee would laugh at the person that was telling them that.

The part that seems odd to me is where the employee takes it upon themself to tell the customer to 'leave, and not come back' just because the customer shook their head. It sounds like the employee might need a little bit more training.

No, DUpipo need training in crafting :bouncy: s. :tongue: Even some DUpipo saw the lie in this pathetic :bouncy: , :rotf: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 07:49:06 PM »
hmmmm .. .  maybe it was a statue like this:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-hungerford-b8696370

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
Mark Hungerford sounds very immature.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 04:00:35 AM »
The other half of the story was the primitive was knocking on the truckers windows and offering free handies. Most truck stops frown on that
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 06:10:12 AM »
stopdiggin (1,433 posts)

9. kind doubt that was the extent of the exchange

and in general circumstances customers are not asked to leave premises over a simple difference of opinion. If the situation happened as you describe, the employee should be reported to management (and corporate) .. not so much for their politics as for thoroughly unprofessional behavior.

How about shit head primitives that refuse to serve cops, or write "pig" on their coffee cups. Your side is full of hate filled , vindictive ass holes. Look at congress. :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 08:38:55 AM »
CaptYossarian (1,095 posts)

16. What norm? With Concealed Carry, if someone claims to have been threatened,

they can now get away with murder. Ask the family of Treyvon Martin Vince Foster, William Colby, Ron Brown, Charles Meissner, Barbara Alice Wise, Jeffrey Epstein, Ed Willey, Seth Rich....

FIFY
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 09:22:51 AM »
Star Member 2naSalit (31,614 posts)

6. Well...

any TS in Utah is likely to be that offensive. I've been retired for quite a while so I'm not up to date on anything new after the early 90s.

I do recall getting threatened that I would be kicked off a greyhound bus in Utah if I said another thing about not being able to smoke while in Utah. Not that I wanted to smoke but it was the principle that Utah felt it could restrict your actions inside a transit passing through their sacred state.

The driver was falling asleep at the wheel later on, I reported them because they were assholes, when I got to another state.

DUmbass, if being an a-hole was a crime, you and the rest of the mouth breathers at the DUmp would be locked up for life plus 50 years.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »
It just can't be a truck stop bouncy without a complaint about truck nuts.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender