Author Topic: The media is trying to "T-Bag" impeachment  (Read 553 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The media is trying to "T-Bag" impeachment
« on: December 16, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »
Star Member maxrandb (9,536 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212787545

The media is trying to "T-Bag" impeachment

You've got to hand it to them. They find something that works and they beat that horse...in fact, they dig that horse out of the grave and beat its rotten corpse.

Remember the "breathless" coverage of T-Bagging ass-pickles screaming like unhinged banshees and threatening violence at Democratic Town Halls?

Remember that shit? Half a dozen "turd polishing dipshits" getting 24/7 media coverage?

Now, I may be mistaken, but I don't remember, in my numerous years, the media doing a splitscreen of some Congressional Town Hall in some tiny district in the past.

That may have been local, or public access TV in earlier times, but I guess if it bleeds, it leads.

Soon we'll have "journalist interviewing journalist" about how bad this is for Democrats.

They'll circle jerk this shit for days.

So, what should be some insignificant bullshit story about some hayseed acting like an asshat will suddenly become a "movement".

This will become such a "hugely important" story that we'll be "blessed" with roundtable discussions where these asshats are invited to sit around a table and tell us all how "they wish Donnie Shit for Brains would tweet less, but blah, blah, blah...

Why it's almost like turning on CNN and seeing an empty podium.

**** the media.

Dems go home and get shouted down at their own town halls for supporting impeachment... DUmpmonkiez claim it's fake news.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Proud Liberal Dem (18,941 posts)

1. Is this about the Adam Schiff townhall?

among others...

Star Member maxrandb (9,536 posts)

2. And Congresswoman Slotkin

MSNBC has been desperately hoping punches are thrown all morning.

Who is Congresswoman Slotkin? Hell, I don't have one ****ing clue.

That's the point. I don't need to know who she is. She's important to her district.

I can tell you who represents my district. I give not one **** about people's uncivilized behavior at this Congresswoman's Town Hall.

There's only one reason the national media would cover this. They want to see fisticuffs...no, they want to SHOW and REPORT on fisticuffs.

Watch for the copycats who will show up and act like dipshits all over the country.

Amazing how the media can take an obscure Town Hall in a small town and cultivate into a "movement".

gratuitous (67,484 posts)

3. The earnest discussion will also include sympathetic coverage for the violent

The folks instigating the violence need to be "understood" about how badly they're suffering from "economic anxiety" or some such, and how Democrats really need to be listening to and catering to these folks who feel they're not being represented.

Naturally, any outbursts at a Republican office-holder's town hall will be deemed "uncivil" or "partisan," stoked by a bunch of babies who (for example) can't handle being homeless because of health issues, and why aren't they working instead of taking out their problems on poor Senator or Congressman Do-Little?

Star Member MineralMan (125,991 posts)

5. "journalist interviewing journalist"

Sounds like the late afternoon shows on MSNBC. I watch them, but they're not news programs. They're discussion groups, where people talk about their reactions to the news stories of the day.

After a while, you begin to recognize them as the incestuous things that they are, really. We're losing sight of what news actually is, and starting to believe that reporters talking to each other is the news. We need to stop doing that. There's very little straight news reporting on the cable "news" channels. You can find some on the broadcast network news programs and even more on your local news broadcasts, but you won't find it on cable news any longer.

They should stop calling themselves news broadcasters. They're opinion shows.

MSNBC = VRWC

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member Takket (10,345 posts)

12. oh yeah... i remember it very distictly......

the media invented the tea party from a few coordinated efforts among a handful of people to yell and scream and project their anger out. they called in the media promising them "fireworks". The tea party was born of about 20 people screaming on TV and as you've said, has the media ever shown up at a local congressional town hall prior or since?

Tea Party was Fake News...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member octoberlib (11,059 posts)

13. I just saw a comment from a person who was actually there on a WaPo article

There were only boo’s from a few actual constituents. The bulk of the organized protest, complete with Trump signage, were members of the Republican Club of Michigan.

They are actively targeting Democrats and when Slotkin mentioned her national security background, they tried to drown her out screaming “deep state” and “traitor.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/michigan-democrat-in-trump-district-comes-out-for-impeachment-says-it-may-cost-her-reelection/2019/12/16/fddbb6ce-2030-11ea-9c2b-060477c13959_story.html#comments-wrapper

The boo-ers were from the Republican Club of Michigan , who want that seat back badly. The press should do some investigating and report this.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: The media is trying to "T-Bag" impeachment
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 06:50:33 PM »
Did Star Moron maxrandb say anything remotely resembling a

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
This looks like an entertaining thread, as was the Schiff video, but this was so funny I had to copy:

the media invented the tea party from a few coordinated efforts among a handful of people to yell and scream and project their anger out. they called in the media promising them "fireworks". The tea party was born of about 20 people

20 people flipped the House in 2010.  And the Senate. 1000 local seats got flipped.  By 20 people.   :lmao:  Not much more over there, as the subject seems rather painful. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 07:37:07 AM »
Funny how they cheer their folks for disruptions.  Then you have asses like Bigmanpigman who brag about disrupting from a distance by PRETENDING to be a constituent and using Zillow to dig up addresses when he calls to complain he's not being represented.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »
The media and their little panels are going to be sitting-around on Thursday or Friday, saying:  " Wait.  Is this all there was? "

Mitch is suddenly in-control of the narrative.  Pertinent investigations of The President are over.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
It's funny how anything but hard-over Leftist partisan rants in the press is 'Right-wing domination' to those fools.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.