Author Topic: Zelaya departs US for Honduras: Venezuelan minister  (Read 2359 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Zelaya departs US for Honduras: Venezuelan minister
« on: July 05, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »

Ousted President Manuel Zelaya has left Washington bound for Honduras, Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro told local media here Sunday.

"At this moment, he is on the way, he is travelling to Honduras," Maduro told international television station Telesur, which is based in Caracas.

The Honduran head of state, who was removed from power by a military coup one week ago, was headed back to his homeland on a Venezuelan plane that departed from Dulles airport, just outside the US capital. ...

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/zelaya-departs-us-for-honduras-venezuelan-minister-20090706-d9bx.html

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Zelaya departs US for Honduras: Venezuelan minister
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »
who was removed from power by a military coup one week ago

Total and complete lie.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »
Total and complete lie.

The way I see it is the same if the US president were removed by impeachment and conviction.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »
The way I see it is the same if the US president were removed by impeachment and conviction.

Yes indeed.  The "world's" reaction is baffling. 

In a sane world, if we had a real president, the USA would be down there protecting the borders and the new government. 

The "coup" was stopped.  That's the real story.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »

Someone's thought about that.

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2009/07/obamas-coup_03.html#links
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
Yes indeed.  The "world's" reaction is baffling.

I'm sharing your bewilderment.  I'm just failing to grasp why we're not CHEERING that this wannabe dictator was stopped?  I guess our current world leadership, just doesn't like that this is an example of the people holding them accountable for their actions.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
Someone's thought about that.

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2009/07/obamas-coup_03.html#links

I'm sure the idea of the military not blindly following the "Commander in Chief" is very unsettling for Washington, D.C.  It is a reality this White House does not want to face.

I am not the type who thinks Obamo is a dictator-in-the-making, so I don't subscribe, ordinarily, to these theories. My wary eyes have been opened because of this complete lie about the Honduras situation.  As I said, the US president should be protecting the ones who stopped the coup, not condemning them.  It make no sense for this nation to be in cahoots with Zelaya.  It is disturbing and quite telling.

Obamo's downfall will be our own military.  I am almost sure of that.  As much as we love our peaceful order of government, it is getting less orderly everyday.  The military hates Obamo anyway.  

Actually, I think it will be the democrats who, in the end, bring Obamo down.  All democrats think they are special.  Their individual egos are more important than the mission.  

Obamo's half-black skin may get in the way, but I don't think it will be important for long.  The guy is not bright and is being guided by outside influences.  The democrats in Congress are going to get very tired very soon of being marginalized.      

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »
Except for Obama, Chavez, and the UN, the world really seems to be pretty indifferent to the whole thing.  I would expect the Hondurans would refuse permission to land, but I guess we'll see.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
Except for Obama, Chavez, and the UN, the world really seems to be pretty indifferent to the whole thing.  I would expect the Hondurans would refuse permission to land, but I guess we'll see.

The Organization of American States has ejected Honduras, even though Honduras withdrew from them first. It seems like Honduras may become isolated which is all the more reason for the US to support the legitimate government, not the one that Chavez and 0Bama are backing.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »
The Organization of American States has ejected Honduras, even though Honduras withdrew from them first. It seems like Honduras may become isolated which is all the more reason for the US to support the legitimate government, not the one that Chavez and 0Bama are backing.

Very true.  It isn't just the UN, et al crap.  Latin Americas' dictators are all in line.  Disgusting.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
What's the problem? No one got hurt. Zelaya was ovethrown while wearing pajamas and put on an airplane to Costa Rica. Good place for vacation. Why is he still whining? I'd like it.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
I'm sure the idea of the military not blindly following the "Commander in Chief" is very unsettling for Washington, D.C.  It is a reality this White House does not want to face.

I am not the type who thinks Obamo is a dictator-in-the-making, so I don't subscribe, ordinarily, to these theories. My wary eyes have been opened because of this complete lie about the Honduras situation.  As I said, the US president should be protecting the ones who stopped the coup, not condemning them.  It make no sense for this nation to be in cahoots with Zelaya.  It is disturbing and quite telling.

Obamo's downfall will be our own military.  I am almost sure of that.  As much as we love our peaceful order of government, it is getting less orderly everyday.  The military hates Obamo anyway.  

Actually, I think it will be the democrats who, in the end, bring Obamo down.  All democrats think they are special.  Their individual egos are more important than the mission.  

Obamo's half-black skin may get in the way, but I don't think it will be important for long.  The guy is not bright and is being guided by outside influences.  The democrats in Congress are going to get very tired very soon of being marginalized.      

The movie "Seven Days in May" may just turn out to be real
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
According to news updates, there has been violence and at least one death at the airport where he was going to land. His plane has been redirected elsewhere, and Nicaragua is possibly moving troops along their border with Honduras.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D998JLB80&show_article=1&catnum=0

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.6b4a67fb3d7a29663fb318e2356bb0de.871&show_article=1&catnum=0

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »
So what if Nicaragua  decides to invade Honduras and re-instate Zelaya? The Obamanation will do nothing. He is a Marxist, pure and simple, and will encourage Zelaya to suppress the opposition by any means necessary. As to the United States, ask yourself why would Obama ask for a domestic security force just as strong a the military, funded as much as the US military? What would be the need for such a force for other than one reason? To keep Obama and the powers behind him in power.

Keep your powder dry, a storm is upon us.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 09:02:19 PM »
So what if Nicaragua  decides to invade Honduras and re-instate Zelaya? The Obamanation will do nothing. He is a Marxist, pure and simple, and will encourage Zelaya to suppress the opposition by any means necessary. As to the United States, ask yourself why would Obama ask for a domestic security force just as strong a the military, funded as much as the US military? What would be the need for such a force for other than one reason? To keep Obama and the powers behind him in power.

Keep your powder dry, a storm is upon us.

And if you for one minute think that Obama doesn't look at Zelaya's attempt to undermine and subvert his country's constitution as a template and testbed for what he has in mind for his "rebuilding America" program, you've got another think coming to ya.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
Zelaya left Washington?

We are giving material support to Zelaya when Obama can spare 20 words for Iran over the course of a month.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."