Author Topic: 7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »
7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge

A man with a gun opened fire on police officers in Baton Rouge on Sunday, injuring at least seven -- including three who are feared dead, an official said.

Police received a call of "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. When police arrived, the man opened fire.

The remaining officers are hospitalized in critical condition, the source said.

The victims were from Baton Rouge Police Department as well as East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, another official said.
CNN
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: 7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 11:07:20 AM »
Gotta be suicide by cop.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »
Gotta be suicide by cop.

I disagree, my friend. I suspect it was an attack like the Dallas police shooting, inspired and encouraged by the calls for "dead cops, right now" from certain well-known "activist" groups. Part of the long, hot summer we've been expecting and talking about.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »
I disagree, my friend. I suspect it was an attack like the Dallas police shooting, inspired and encouraged by the calls for "dead cops, right now" from certain well-known "activist" groups. Part of the long, hot summer we've been expecting and talking about.

The New Black Panther Party has just opened a chapter in Baton Rouge . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »
I had been reading the below article before this news broke!
Coincidence?

Boy, 12, Arrested in Connection With Alleged Plot to Kill Louisiana Cops

A 12-year-old suspect was arrested Friday in connection with an alleged plot to kill Louisiana police officers after the fatal shooting of black man Alton Sterling by cops.

The boy, who has not been identified because he is a juvenile, is being held on charges of simple burglary and theft of a firearm in connection with a pawn shop robbery last Saturday in which eight handguns and a BB rifle were stolen, Baton Rouge police said.
From left, Antonio Thomas, 17, Trashone Coats, 23, and Malik Bridgewater, 20. Baton Rouge Police

Antonio Thomas, 17, and Malik Bridgewater, 20, were arrested last week in connection with the robbery. A 13-year-old male was also arrested and charged with simple burglary and theft of firearm.

A fourth man, 23-year-old Trashone Coats, was charged with possessing one of the stolen guns but not in the burglary.

Police said at the time that Thomas was arrested from the roof of the pawn shop with a handgun and a BB rifle. He "stated that he and three other suspects stole the firearms and were going to get bullets to shoot police," according to police.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-12-arrested-connection-alleged-plot-kill-louisiana-cops-n610896
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »
Too many cops getting killed.  :argh:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Too many cops getting killed.  :argh:

Obama has blood on his hands.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »
As a former officer said today; "......this is an attack on democracy".

And where is our so-called president ???
Is he defending the cops ???
Is he doing anything to stop this attack on democracy ???
Is he doing anything........anything at all, other than putting together another speech on gun control ???

Obama administration bans some military-style assault gear from local police departments
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/05/18/obama-to-visit-camden-n-j-to-tout-community-policing-reforms/
  Other equipment, including tactical vehicles, explosives and riot equipment, will be transferred only if local police provide additional certification and assurances that the gear will be used responsibly, according to the report. 
Used responsibly ?  :censored:

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »
As usual, Obama is late giving us his worthless opinion.  He was supposed to be on TV half an hour ago.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 04:41:28 PM »
 Dead Baton Rouge shooter attacked police on his birthday

BATON ROUGE, La. -- The deceased suspect in the deadly shooting of Baton Rouge law enforcement officers appeared to have attacked police on his 29th birthday, CBS News has learned.
Manhunt continues after Baton Rouge police shooting

The suspect has been identified as a black male named Gavin Eugene Long of Kansas City, Missouri, sources tell CBS News. He was born on July 17, 1987.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-suspects-information/

~ Anonymous

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »
There's been reports that this scumbag was a 'sovereign citizen,' but if he was such, do you think that the Obamessiah would have spewed that all over the airwaves?  I'm sure that he knows the true motivation(s) of the shooter, and they do not fit his narratives.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
There's been reports that this scumbag was a 'sovereign citizen,' but if he was such, do you think that the Obamessiah would have spewed that all over the airwaves?  I'm sure that he knows the true motivation(s) of the shooter, and they do not fit his narratives.

It was wishful thinking on the part of The Obamessiah's presstitutes. The shooter is exactly what we expected, a Black Lies Matters type from Kansas City, gone to Looziana to dispense some social justice.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member, Railed Against ‘Crackers’ On YouTube Channel [VIDEO]
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/

A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

Turns out Gavin Long is a member of Nation of Islam.

His Twitter account
https://twitter.com/ConvosWithCosmo
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline mrclose

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 07:53:03 PM »
A FB post by one of the downed (dead) policemen.
Posted after the Dallas shootings.

~ Anonymous

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
What does Obama have to say about this;

http://www.allenbwest.com/derrick-wilburn/what-the-us-nation-of-islam-leader-just-said-should-have-the-fbi-on-his-tail
What the US Nation of Islam leader just said should have the FBI on his tail

Written by Derrick Wilburn on August 5, 2015

..................  Louis Farrakhan is hardly a stranger to outlandish, hateful, racist, bigoted speeches, but the latest is a doozy by even his lofty standards. With the United States already gripped in more racial tension that at any point in our history since slavery, Farrakhan has now plainly put out an open cry for “his people” to either kill or be killed in the pursuit of justice against Whitey. 

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member, answered Louis Farrakhan's call. 
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »
He has a YouTube account. Here is one of them. Lots of profanity and racial slurs. Lots of n-word used by him.  :mental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5QHKoA3Kg

-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »

Yeah, I spoke too soon. Now that I've read up on it a little bit, it's yet another racist thug that went over to the dark side.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »

And where is our so-called president ???
Is he defending the cops ???
Is he doing anything to stop this attack on democracy ???
Is he doing anything........anything at all, other than putting together another speech on gun control ???

Obama administration bans some military-style assault gear from local police departments
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/05/18/obama-to-visit-camden-n-j-to-tout-community-policing-reforms/Used responsibly ?  :censored:

He's telling Law Enforcement that they need to admit to past mistakes if they want to be safer...

America's police will be safer when they admit they have a problem, Pres. Obama declared on Sunday at a bilateral event with the prime minister of Spain in Madrid.

Fielding a question on Sunday, July 10, about the violence against police in Dallas, Texas last week, which left five officers dead, Obama said police officers will be safer once they acknowledge their failures:

"There are legitimate issues that have been raised, and there’s data and evidence to back up the concerns that are being expressed by these protesters.

"And if police organizations and departments acknowledge that there’s a problem and there’s an issue, then that, too, is going to contribute to real solutions. And, as I said yesterday, that is what’s going to ultimately help make the job of being a cop a lot safer. It is in the interest of police officers that their communities trust them and that the kind of rancor and suspicion that exists right now is alleviated."
http://www.mrctv.org/blog/obama-police-can-make-job-being-cop-lot-safer-admitting-their-failures
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »
**** you, Barry. Real simple. Just **** you.  :argh: