Author Topic: AP: BILL RICHARDSON DROPS OUT OF DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL RACE  (Read 3669 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
AP: BILL RICHARDSON DROPS OUT OF DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL RACE
« on: January 09, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
ew Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson ended his campaign for the presidency Wednesday after twin fourth-place finishes that showed his impressive credentials could not compete with his rivals’ star power.

Richardson planned to announce the decision Thursday, according to two people close to the governor with knowledge of the decision. They spoke on a condition of anonymity in advance of the governor’s announcement.

The Richardson campaign would not comment on the governor’s decision, reached after a meeting with his top advisers Wednesday in New Mexico.

Richardson had one of the most wide-ranging resumes of any candidate ever to run for the presidency, bringing experience from his time in Congress, President Clinton’s Cabinet, in the New Mexico statehouse as well as his unique role as a freelance diplomat. As a Hispanic, he added to the unprecedented diversity in the Democratic field that also included a black and a woman.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/09/ap-bill-richardson-drops-out-of-democratic-presidential-race/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: AP: BILL RICHARDSON DROPS OUT OF DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL RACE
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »
Gotta give him credit for seeing the light.  If Edwards continues sabotaging Hillary, I wouldn't be surprised if she picked Richardson as her running mate if she gets the nomination.

Or Can she pick Bill Clinton?  :-)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
He thinks he has a chance as VP so he attacked no one

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:59:06 AM »
waiting for Hillary to call Bill???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
The way the polls looked, he was only set to win New Mexico and that's it. But I guess he saw the light. Speaking of, why the hell is Kookcinich still in it???

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
The way the polls looked, he was only set to win New Mexico and that's it. But I guess he saw the light. Speaking of, why the hell is Kookcinich still in it???

Because like Ron Paul...he doesn't have the common sense to know when to hang it up.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn