Author Topic: Obama Attacks Fox News, Tea Parties at Town Hall Meeting  (Read 4210 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Obama Attacks Fox News, Tea Parties at Town Hall Meeting
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
That's one steaming pile right there.  1 - He doesn't do serious converstations.  He has to have scripted statements from Telly Prompter.
2.  He ain't happy...he got snubbed by Fox.  3 - Healthcare costs will skyrocket....but he will call it a cut because he'll be spending billions of tax dollars to "fix" it.

:bs:

His definition of a "Serious conversation" is agreeing with him, and possibly offering helpful suggestions about how to do what he wants faster.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »
President Thin-Skinned just can't take the heat.  Are we going to have to listen to this for the rest of his term? 
"Waaah, mommy!  The other kids don't like me!" :bawl:

I'm starting to get more and more concerned that their goal is to eventually silence all opposition. :(

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »
    I'm starting to get more and more concerned that their goal is to eventually silence all opposition. :(
...he's been taking notes from Chavez.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
...he's been taking notes from Chavez.

If You Attended a Tea Party and You Think You're Not Now Being Watched, Think Again
"The Department of Homeland Security has a corporate IP address of 216.81.80.134 and is located in Springfield, Virginia—area code 703. The coordinates of this location are latitude 38.7438, longitude -77.2333. How do I know this? Well, let me give you a little background information and then we’ll connect the dots.

I have a web site I use to sell a product that I invented and patented. The product is basically an educational tool. My biggest market is college students enrolled in a technical or engineering program. I also sell this product through an association of college bookstores. As an educational tool, my product is totally 100% guaranteed harmless. If you Google my name and the words “graph paper”, you’ll find my web site.

On April 15th I attended the Council Bluffs, IA “Tea Party” Tax Day protest. I emailed the event organizer the day before that I would be attending the “Tea Party”, along with several fellow co-workers. I got the organizers name and email address through the website theglennbeck912project.com. I was a little hesitant to go at first since I’m not one for protesting, but in the final analysis it was a wonderful experience.

Enough with the background, now let’s connect the dots. On April 18th, two days after the tea party protests, I was checking traffic on my website. I always do reverse IP traces on major hits to see where they are originating so I can evaluate the effectiveness of my marketing strategy. As I checked one particular large hit, I was stunned to see the following on my screen,
Hostname:                    216.81.80.134
ISP:                              Department of Homeland Security
Organization:                Department of Homeland Security
Type:                            Corporate
State/Region:                VA
City:                             Springfield
Latitude:                       38.7438
Longitude:                    -77.2333
Area Code:                  703
I posted a question about this IP address down in the computer question forum.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »
Obama is sounding a bit like Nixon. He is doing what a king does. FOX News and Tea Parties are American as they get. Okay, FOX News is owned by an Australian named Rupert Murdoch. Also, the idea of Dems controlling the Congress and President is not a good thing. What happened to checks and balances?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »
His definition of a "Serious conversation" is agreeing with him, and possibly offering helpful suggestions about how to do what he wants faster.
Amazing!  That's also his definition of 'bipartisanship'. :whatever:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »
It would make great television for Obama to actually have a news conference with the "little people".......no teleprompter, no David Axelrod writing the answers for him, no media fawning over him,.........just plain, simple, gun toting, bible reading people. The questions, and more importantly, the followup questions would eat his lunch. Contestants from America Idol face greater scrutiny and have to run for re-election every week than the Messiah faces.  :-)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:48 PM »
FWIW, all the networks carried Zero's speech, EXCEPT Fox.

The program running opposite Zero, right before "American Idol", was "Lie To Me"....

Fox scored a double last night for that one....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »
Do we know the ratings for FOX last night?

Dick Morris was on O'Reilly last night and said the networks only agreed to air TWO Clinton press conferences in his ENTIRE PRESIDENCY.  (not including state of the union addresses). 
Meanwhile Nobama gets 3 within his first 100 days...Media Bias...Nahhhhhh! :whatever:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »

Dick Morris was on O'Reilly last night and said the networks only agreed to air TWO Clinton press conferences in his ENTIRE PRESIDENCY.  (not including state of the union addresses). 
Meanwhile Nobama gets 3 within his first 100 days...Media Bias...Nahhhhhh! :whatever:
This is beyond bias, it's worship.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »

I don't have the link handy, but Fox's "Lie to me" had higher ratings than "OBama Lies To America" that ran on the other networks.  Now by that, I don't mean combined ratings, just comparing Fox to each of the others individually.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »

James Hibberd is reporting that between broadcast and cable the Obama press conference averaged 28.8 million viewers, a 29% drop from his last press conference.  Fox News had the most viewers (more than CBS, ABC or NBC).  Here is the information for the cable news networks.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/30/wednesday-ratings-lie-to-me-vs-president-obama-losts-100th-episode/17730
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »
I hear tell around 225 million adult Americans did not watch The Magic Negro Show last night.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
Even America's Next Top Model beat the conference! Now that's got to sting a little bit. :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Quote from:
Wednesday night’s primetime press conference to mark Barack Obama’s 100th day in office was viewed by 28.8 million people, according to Nielsen.

That’s a 29% drop from the president’s last press conference, on March 24.

Obama lost 21 million viewers from his first prime-time presser in February, according to James Hibberd...

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/30/obamas-prime-time-audience-drops-by-29/

Ouch!!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »
Should the republicans regain control of the house and senate all of his DREAMS for spending oodles and oodles of money from 2011 on would go up in smoke.

I dunno. Republicans are easily rolled.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
I dunno. Republicans are easily rolled.

Sadly true, they are all-too-easily seduced by the 'Power to do good things' once they have the purse-strings.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 08:39:51 AM »
Jesus, if "real people" would talk to "Teh Wun", they'd tell him to reach down and find his pair.  He's whined about Rush, FNC, and the Tea Parties all in the course of the past few months.  I don't seem to recall Bush whining about how the MSM or the left treated him.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »
He's whined about Rush, FNC, and the Tea Parties all in the course of the past few months days.

fixored!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline 5412

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 11:04:26 PM »
Yes, this was a mistake to so casually wave this off.  I thought it was hilarious on that day for the WH to say that 0 was unaware of the tea parties.  He's just pissed off a whole lot of people. 

Hi,

I agree with you and hope he continues to do so.  I feel he energized a whole lot of people.  We need to stay this way and fight harder to the next election an thereafter.  The more he insults the intelligence of the conservatives, who knew damn well he knew all about the tea parties, the stronger we will become.

I do not think it was any surprise when, not ten days later we started to see articles about upheaval in the Republican party.  We need to continue to direct that anger to the Republican committee and our representatives as well, they need to be lock step in line with real conservatism. 

And I say this to Senator Specter, "On the way out, don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!" 

Once we get our own house in order, then we can take that energy to the next election cycle.

Not only does BO come off to me as insulting our intelligence (which is arrogance), and thin skinned as some others have mentioned, he also comes off as petty.  As he attempts to punish those who criticize him, he will find all that does in energize us even more.

BO would have been smarter if he said nothing, or just acknowledged that the folks of America have many good concerns and leave it be.....glad he choose to do what he did.

Just reinforces what an idiot he really is.

regards,

Offline 5412

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
If You Attended a Tea Party and You Think You're Not Now Being Watched, Think Again
"The Department of Homeland Security has a corporate IP address of 216.81.80.134 and is located in Springfield, Virginia—area code 703. The coordinates of this location are latitude 38.7438, longitude -77.2333. How do I know this? Well, let me give you a little background information and then we’ll connect the dots.

I have a web site I use to sell a product that I invented and patented. The product is basically an educational tool. My biggest market is college students enrolled in a technical or engineering program. I also sell this product through an association of college bookstores. As an educational tool, my product is totally 100% guaranteed harmless. If you Google my name and the words “graph paper”, you’ll find my web site.

On April 15th I attended the Council Bluffs, IA “Tea Party” Tax Day protest. I emailed the event organizer the day before that I would be attending the “Tea Party”, along with several fellow co-workers. I got the organizers name and email address through the website theglennbeck912project.com. I was a little hesitant to go at first since I’m not one for protesting, but in the final analysis it was a wonderful experience.

Enough with the background, now let’s connect the dots. On April 18th, two days after the tea party protests, I was checking traffic on my website. I always do reverse IP traces on major hits to see where they are originating so I can evaluate the effectiveness of my marketing strategy. As I checked one particular large hit, I was stunned to see the following on my screen,
Hostname:                    216.81.80.134
ISP:                              Department of Homeland Security
Organization:                Department of Homeland Security
Type:                            Corporate
State/Region:                VA
City:                             Springfield
Latitude:                       38.7438
Longitude:                    -77.2333
Area Code:                  703
I posted a question about this IP address down in the computer question forum.

Hi Thundley,

Wow, that was powerful.

Be prepared for a "random audit" from the IRS.  Nothing political but my guess is a lot of the protesters will, just though the luck of the random draw, find themselves audited in the near future.  Hell, Paula Jones took the standard deduction, did not itemize, and she was randomnly audited three years in a row......but Clinton had nothing to do with it of course.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »
Might be worth the mods checking the ISP traffic to the site here...

I'm not much into the tinfoil hat conspiracies, but dayum.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford