Author Topic: ****ing hell. What is the definition of an expiration date?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline CC27

Ron Obvious (5,190 posts)

****ing hell. What is the definition of an expiration date?

My wife was just refused to board her flight to the Netherlands to join me because her passport expiration date was too close. It doesn't expire until September, and the trip is for today until July 10th but apparently that's too close for someone!

We've already spent over $500 rescheduling the flight, making travel arrangements, etc. Why did nobody at any point in the proceedings when we booked this thing several months ago point this out?

What the hell is the definition of an expiration date if the real expiration date is hidden and before that? Just change the date to that point then!

This is so ****ed up. I want to sue someone just to get the money back.Never mind the inconvenience. We've been travelling internationally for decades. How the Hell did this never come up before?

I'm so angry I could just spit fire.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212181145

Just blame Trump and get it over with.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: ****ing hell. What is the definition of an expiration date?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:46:53 AM »
Looks like that “personal responsibility” thingy got a primitive and its spouse all mixed up.

BTW, when you get a passport (I just had to have mine updated from almost 10 years ago), they tell you it’s good for departure up to 6 months before the expiration date. That’s why I remembered to get mine updated.

The main thing “obvious “ about Ron is that he’s an idiot. But he’s a liberal, so that goes without saying.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
The little lady doesn't really want to meet up with Ron DUmbass and found a way to put off the trip.

:loser:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »
1. This "standard" is set by the various countries to which one is travelling. The government of the US has nothing to do with it. The "standards" do change, as the countries setting it choose.

2. The obligation to learn and comply is with travelers, not their destination countries.

3. This has been going on for many years, probably decades. I learned of this over 10 years ago.

4. One realistic concern is people overstaying their passport expiration and the resulting complication in returning overstayers to their country of origin. A significant % of illegals in the US are people who laid low and stayed after their visas expired.

The best practice is to check what the standard is for the country to which one is travelling. 3-6 months is common. Because countries do change their "standard" it's best to simply renew right away if one's planned trip is within 6 months of their passport expiration.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
Looks like that “personal responsibility” thingy got a primitive and its spouse all mixed up.

BTW, when you get a passport (I just had to have mine updated from almost 10 years ago), they tell you it’s good for departure up to 6 months before the expiration date. That’s why I remembered to get mine updated.

The main thing “obvious “ about Ron is that he’s an idiot. But he’s a liberal, so that goes without saying.

10 seconds on Google will confirm that.

I seem to remember when booking trips out of country being asked for my passport's expiration date to confirm there would be no issues.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:02:41 AM »
10 seconds on Google will confirm that.

I seem to remember when booking trips out of country being asked for my passport's expiration date to confirm there would be no issues.

I learned the above from my daughter's experience with having to renew her passport. Her planned return date would have been before her passport expired, but unlike this DUmmy, she got the renewal without throwing an Internet tantrum.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:38:24 AM »
Ron Obvious (5,190 posts)

****ing hell. What is the definition of an expiration date?

The most recent date on your tomb stone. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 01:52:27 PM »

Just blame Trump and get it over with.

O M G   : :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao:  how true  :thumbs:

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”