Author Topic: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint  (Read 2052 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Jeremy Shockey is a Saint
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
Giants deal Shockey to the Saints
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364992/Giants-may-regret-dealing-Shockey

The best thing about Jeremy Shockey is that he plays with emotion. The worst thing about him is that he can be too emotional. And that's why he is now Drew Brees' headache and no longer Eli Manning's.

Create A League Today!Shockey was never able to get over the Giants winning the Super Bowl without him. It also bugged him that New York's management demanded that he sit in the team's luxury box rather than allowing him to stand on the field with his teammates in Phoenix last February. Call it a Super Bowl funk, and that was the state of Shockey's mind this offseason. And that's why he was traded to the Saints, the one team that always wanted him and finally met New York's demands.

Shockey is a Saint, LOL. Never thought I'd type those words.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Jeremy Shockey is a Saint
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:55:38 PM »
Color me "blown away."

When someone plays with passion, expect emotion.

Giants' loss, Saints' gain.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:58:10 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »
Yup. The Giants will get second and fifth round draft picks but, it's NY's loss IMO. (and a nice boost for Drew Brees)

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »
Wow, I guess he can limp up and down the sidelines in the Superdome now.   :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:12 AM »
Yup. The Giants will get second and fifth round draft picks but, it's NY's loss IMO. (and a nice boost for Drew Brees)

yeah, this is big for the saints...

shockey needed some humbling & he just got it...

brees needed a top notch  TE to dump the ball off  & give him more options.... instead of bush in the flat & WR's deep all the time...

if the saints defense is better than last years, they should win their division this go round...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »

brees needed a top notch  TE to dump the ball off  & give him more options.... instead of bush in the flat & WR's deep all the time...

if the saints defense is better than last years, they should win their division this go round...

Shocky is a good fit in N.O. for sure. But what was N.Y. thinking? They just got very average at TE and don't have the best WR corps to begin with. I know the guy was a pain in the arse but eventually, even the Chad Johnson's and T.O.'s have to shut up and play. That's just poor leadership by the Giants IMHO.

As to the NFC South winner, I just don't know. I thinkt there is only one team that can't win it and that's obviously Atlanta. The Buc's won't go away and the Panthers made some good moves. It will be a fun division to watch. I'd wager one of the most competative. (just behind the NFC East)

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »

Shocky is a good fit in N.O. for sure. But what was N.Y. thinking? They just got very average at TE and don't have the best WR corps to begin with. I know the guy was a pain in the arse but eventually, even the Chad Johnson's and T.O.'s have to shut up and play. That's just poor leadership by the Giants IMHO.

As to the NFC South winner, I just don't know. I thinkt there is only one team that can't win it and that's obviously Atlanta. The Buc's won't go away and the Panthers made some good moves. It will be a fun division to watch. I'd wager one of the most competative. (just behind the NFC East)

the buccs had their run last season... this is their season to suck again (especially as garcia is yet another year older...rumor has it, garcia looks REAL BAD right now too)...

but lets say faverer gets traded to the buccs, then we have something eh ! ...

as far as the panthers go, they suck & will still suck this coming year...

the saints went through their growing pains last year & made some REAL SOLID trades & draft picks this offseason that will help them out ALOT...

the saints have the best QB in the NFC south, bottomline.... thats what gets you to the playoffs..

I don't blame the giants for trading shockey...they did nothing but get better after shockey got hurt & they won a SB w/out his ass.... Boss is a better blocker than Shockey & it was the giants running game that kept their offense competitive...

so I'll take boss for a peasants wage & better blocking, than shockeys big price tag, terrible blocking & primadonna attitude distracting the teams best gameplan (running & hitting the WR's off playaction, not making shocky a primary receiver)

the giants got lucky last year & they know it....might as well cash it in now while they can... and judging by the giants scouting, those 2 draft picks will be more valuable than shockeys overpriced bullshit is worth...

NFC  EAST goes to the cowboys next year anyway ....

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »

the buccs had their run last season... this is their season to suck again (especially as garcia is yet another year older...rumor has it, garcia looks REAL BAD right now too)...

but lets say faverer gets traded to the buccs, then we have something eh ! ...

as far as the panthers go, they suck & will still suck this coming year...

the saints went through their growing pains last year & made some REAL SOLID trades & draft picks this offseason that will help them out ALOT...

the saints have the best QB in the NFC south, bottomline.... thats what gets you to the playoffs..

I don't blame the giants for trading shockey...they did nothing but get better after shockey got hurt & they won a SB w/out his ass.... Boss is a better blocker than Shockey & it was the giants running game that kept their offense competitive...

so I'll take boss for a peasants wage & better blocking, than shockeys big price tag, terrible blocking & primadonna attitude distracting the teams best gameplan (running & hitting the WR's off playaction, not making shocky a primary receiver)

the giants got lucky last year & they know it....might as well cash it in now while they can... and judging by the giants scouting, those 2 draft picks will be more valuable than shockeys overpriced bullshit is worth...

NFC  EAST goes to the cowboys next year anyway ....

TB still has good D and "they" are saying good things about the Cady being back.
Also healthy again is Jake Delhomme as well as the Carolina run game. (+ a good WR next to Smith)

Last year it was TB 9-7 and the Saints and Panthers at 7-9. Weather it's the Bucs, NO or Carolina, I expect it to be that close again.

If I recall (and I may not) Boss was a pretty late round pick up when the Giants got him. Drove me nuts because I really wanted Seattle to grab Boss back then. Anyway, I wish him the best.

- Ayn Rand