Author Topic: Gumbel leaves NFL network .. BOOYAH !  (Read 2770 times)

Offline john c calhoun

Gumbel leaves NFL network .. BOOYAH !
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »
its a great day for football fans....

bryant gumbel announces he's LEAVING the NFL Network !! .... my god, the stuffed suits & bean counters that own NBC mayb have actually asked SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT football & its fans  how Bryant Gumbel appeals to that market !!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807b681a&template=without-video&confirm=true

its actually quite scary to think our major media outlets  & the NFL were actually incompetent enough to put gumbel on the NFL network in the first place ...

NO MORE GUMBEL :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Gumbel leaves NFL network .. BOOYAH !
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:28:51 AM »
How will anyone know?

If they broadcast the empty chair where he sat, it will be more intelligent and entertaining.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:02:13 AM »
How will anyone know?

If they broadcast the empty chair where he sat, it will be more intelligent and entertaining.

true...

the same frequency my brain uses to blot out my wifes voice, was on FULL while watching NFL network these past two seasons...

well, we'll know not to look out for the guy that looks like a cross betweens TV's 'urkle' & carlton banks ... :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:41:24 AM »
gumbel should go back to news, where I never watched him in the first place, and
olbermann should go back to sports, where I watched him all the time.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »
gumbel should go back to news, where I never watched him in the first place, and

there lil experiment hasn't worked out so well..

they under estimate the lack of CARE & intelligence sports fans  have  :p

but it may be too late to move olberman back to sports... he's been gumbel'ed & won't get any respect from bratz eating beer guzzlers...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »

but it may be too late to move olberman back to sports... he's been gumbel'ed & won't get any respect from bratz eating beer guzzlers...

That I agree with.  H5 for that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »

you're probably right about olbermann, and it's too bad.  he was really good on sportcenter, but he's an epileptic footnote on PMSNBC.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
bryant gumbel announces he's LEAVING the NFL Network !! .... my god, the stuffed suits & bean counters that own NBC mayb have actually asked SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT football & its fans  how Bryant Gumbel appeals to that market !!!

I never liked Gumbel, glad to see him go. But I hope at least the NFL Network can replace him with someone who doesn't mix his metaphors.
"That put a monkey in the wrench" or "That will open up a whole new can of issues". I know Gumbel wasn't an athlete but Jock reporters do it all the time.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

I never liked Gumbel, glad to see him go. But I hope at least the NFL Network can replace him with someone who doesn't mix his metaphors.
"That put a monkey in the wrench" or "That will open up a whole new can of issues". I know Gumbel wasn't an athlete but Jock reporters do it all the time.

yeah, but when dumbass jocks do it, the other guys can make fun of him.....when the stuffed suit does it, everyone gets nervous :lmao: ...

hopefully, the networks will replace him with a HUMAN this time around !!....thats all I can hope for ...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
I liked Gumble on HBO and the NFL Network.  :thatsright:

Of course, I don't get HBO or the NFLN so that is where I prefered that nitwit to be.  :evillaugh:

Man I hope he does not show up on FOX or CBS. Especially CBS. (they have enough problems putting out a watchable sportscaster group)

sheesh.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
:bs: :thatsright:

Of course, I don't get HBO or the NFLN so that is where I prefered that nitwit to be.  :evillaugh:

Man I hope he does not show up on FOX or CBS. Especially CBS. (they have enough problems putting out a watchable sportscaster group)

sheesh.