Author Topic: Well, there you go...  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
Well, there you go...
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:22:18 AM »
"We all must do our part!"  or "We will ALL need to sacrifice for the good our country!"  ('Yeah except for me.  I'll freeze salaries and spend your hard earned tax dollars on things that *I* don't want to give up.)

Obama gets to keep 'enhanced' blackberryObama Gets To Keep 'Enhanced' BlackBerry

Hey, I'm all for smart phones.  After all, I own a crackberry myself.  But here we go with the "the rules don't apply to me".  Bush GAVE UP for the office.  Obama just wants it on his terms and on on the terms of what the office demands itself.

:censored:
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Well, there you go...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 08:43:55 AM »
Yeah, you could see that coming from a mile off -- especially since he complained about being hounded by the adoring media while in Hawaii a few weeks ago.

Might be a new moniker for His Holiness:

"O'bubblehead"

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »
"We all must do our part!"  or "We will ALL need to sacrifice for the good our country!"  ('Yeah except for me.  I'll freeze salaries and spend your hard earned tax dollars on things that *I* don't want to give up.)

Obama gets to keep 'enhanced' blackberryObama Gets To Keep 'Enhanced' BlackBerry

Hey, I'm all for smart phones.  After all, I own a crackberry myself.  But here we go with the "the rules don't apply to me".  Bush GAVE UP for the office.  Obama just wants it on his terms and on on the terms of what the office demands itself.

:censored:
Yes hon but you aren't responsible for our National Security! Though you could probably handle it better than this ****ing idiot does! :banghead:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
Did you expect anything else from him?

No, I didn't. Actually, it is kind of nice to know that my expectations of him will not be let down. :whatever:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »

Really ? ...This is what you are mad about ? ...please, the fake outrage is getting old.

Looks pretty real to me.   :therock: 

It's pretty much the appearance of hypocrisy, you know. The concept that the president - thus far, at least - does not lead from the front.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
Did you see how he got all outraged the other night when he paid a surprise visit to the press club, and one of them actually asked him a question?

Welcome to Washington, Mr. President.  :bow:

Offline Supercrash

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
Looks pretty real to me.   :therock: 

It's pretty much the appearance of hypocrisy, you know. The concept that the president - thus far, at least - does not lead from the front.

Millions of emails were lost because Bush/Cheney violated the PRA ...but no outrage there, nope, none.

But ....Obama keeps his blackberry and the fake outrage machine fires up.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »
Millions of emails were lost because Bush/Cheney violated the PRA ...but no outrage there, nope, none.

:rotf:  Well, well, well. Looks like some outrage being expressed here! Now that you've got your dander up, how 'bout presenting some "evidence" to support your claim?

You know - the stuff that we're supposed to believe just because your beloved MSM says it.

Run along, now, and pony up your claim.

You can even go to DU (not that you've never been there, yunno  ;) ) and pony up some of that drivel.

I'm always lookin' for entertainment!  :popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

Look, mommy!  A troll!  Can I touch it?

Better not, dear.  They carry nasty little diseases.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »

Link please?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »

Really ? ...This is what you are mad about ? ...please, the fake outrage is getting old.

This coming from one of the Fake Outrages pimps of the Libtard left.  :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »

Link?

He didn't keep his BlackBerry moron.  He got one of the 8830 World Editions.  Standard issue to DoD employees.

White House Communications though has gone through and put every security modification known to man on it to enclude enhanced encryption.  He can ONLY recieve e-mail on it via the WH server and a few...approved outside contacts.  There's no SMS...no Yahoo messenger no Google Mail.  Hell there's not even a camera on it.

Call it a "win" if you want to.  But in the end He was forced to comply with the law.

Just like everyone else.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »
Isn't this guy the swooper and pooper that used to be on LU?

We won't find links. Just a messy floor.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »
Link?

He didn't keep his BlackBerry moron.  He got one of the 8830 World Editions.  Standard issue to DoD employees.

White House Communications though has gone through and put every security modification known to man on it to enclude enhanced encryption.  He can ONLY recieve e-mail on it via the WH server and a few...approved outside contacts.  There's no SMS...no Yahoo messenger no Google Mail.  Hell there's not even a camera on it.

Call it a "win" if you want to.  But in the end He was forced to comply with the law.

Just like everyone else.

Yes...thank you.

Which if he was "one of us" in the first place he wouldn't have been so pissy about realizing that the job which is now holds is slightly more important on whether or not he can text Miss Shelly and see when dinner is.   :whatever:  This is only ONE of MANY double standards which he has that thumb the nose at us and the willingness to uphold that office like the oath he took TWICE to do.  It is only the beginning.  It starts with his crackberry it moves through his so called stimulus package and on into his lack of foreign policy.

It just smacks the respect that office deserves in the face when you feel you are above the law in that office.  I think I remember two impeachments of presidents who thought that exact thing - that they were above the law while holding that office.  Hmmm....